Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN a Pebble Smartwatch and get set for Darkness Into Light!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Night owl for me. !!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭MLC_biker

Definitely a night owl...except when it comes to running .Have found myself watching Curling from the winter Olympics at 3am (no idea why !) 
    Struggle out of a very comfortable bed most mornings , except on those days when I run to work, or get up for a parkrun with the dog (I'm middle of the pack, she always finishes at the top of her category0

Happy to stay up /get up to support DiL run, even having been at the Lord Mayors 5 Alive reception the night before !

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Love my sleep but once the alarm goes off I am up and about straight away. This pebble watch could help me catch up quicker in the morning though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

When I was young, I used to travel around Germany and countries nearby to see football matches, coming home at around lunchtime the next day, so I was some weekend night owl.

Nowadays, I do different shifts in work, sometimes coming home at midnight, and before I'm actually ready to go to bed, it's like 2ish in the morning.

I would say, I'm both...sort of, because sometimes I have to get up early in the morning to go to work, if I'm on the early shift

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

early-to-bed, have to grab some zzz's before the kids getup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Not a hope! I am far too lazy, but would manage to crawl out of bed for a FREE Pebble any day of the week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

I'm an early-to-bed as my children are certainly early-to-rise!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Niamhers

If I'm excited about something I'm a night owl and won't sleep a wink! But normally it's early to bed with 2+ alarms for the morning . . . I love my bed! :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm a morning person,
    Most weekdays I'm up out of the bed a good 1-2hours before work to head out running and I love it!

Its great being out early, you see all sorts of things on country roads in the mornings from rabbits, hedgehogs and badgers.

Few weeks back I was up at 4.30am to get a 20mile run in before work. Felt great having it done before work.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭coppinger

I used to be a night owl, hated mornings, but then the boy was born and now I dont mind mornings anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

Definitely a night-owl. I would need to set at least three alarms, with two outside of reaching distance from the bed. And preferably one of them hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I'm a total night owl.  It's a miracle I get up and out of the house every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

I'm most definitely a night owl! Although I really wish I wasn't. I'd love to able to fall asleep early and be fresh and alert at a reasonable time in the mornings. I'd be so much more productive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I'm definitely a night owl!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

I'm a night owl and love the peace that the hours beyond midnight brings. You really can't beat reading a book, watching a movie or simply contemplating life in early AM.

Unfortunately I work for the man these days and 7 am starts and long days in work have 'reprogrammed' me into a faux early to bed person much against my predisposition.

One day I will return to my bliss and maybe solve the meaning of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Night owl myself. Definitely not a morning person

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

I'm an early bird. Can get up anytime. Need to as I do Landscape Photography.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Hi everyone,

Darkness Into Light, a fantastic fundraising event for Pieta House which we're proud to support, is less than two weeks away! It’s a nationwide 5km run/walk (or whatever you fancy!), which commences at 4.15am on Saturday 10th May and takes the participants, literally, from the darkness of the early morning to the light of day.

The number of entries so far is making #DIL2014 the most successful event yet, and to mark the occasion, we are giving away a Pebble Smartwatch - perfect for keeping connected on the go.

PebblewatchwithDILtime_zpse40335d4.png

To enter, just answer this: Are you a night-owl or are you an early-to-bed person? Could you stay up for a 4.15am walk/run or would you need to set every alarm possible? Let us know below (with accompanying anecdotes if you like). :)

This competition closes next Monday, 5th May, and the winner will be chosen randomly as per our T&C's.

Best of luck! 
    I'm very much an early bird and go to bed early but I'd consider the Darkness into Light start as being an early morning rather than a late night. I'm taking part and really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Night owl v.v 

A Little from column a, a little from column b. I'm an early riser, rarely wake after 6.30, but hate missing anything so often go to bed waaaaay too late! If I know I have to be somewhere early in the morning I cannot sleep and will wake every hour and dream that I'm late :o

The night of the Darkness into light run, my [boardsie] friend from the other side of the country is coming to stay with me on the friday, we have vowed to have some dinner and have an early night so we're fresh for the 4am start! Knowing us we'll be still up chatting and supping on coffee to keep us going for the run. Then home for a big brekkie and a nap :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Night owl all over. If I've to set an alarm, I set at least 5, 15 minutes apart, and then a final one on a different clock - when I hear that one, it means GET OUT OF BED!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Early bird!...most days ;)

VA0qeTg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

night owl...
    I hate mornings. with a passion. 

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Night owl...  have pulled all nighters on multiple occasions, mostly for almost every exam I ever sat because I didn't trust myself to get up! 

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭DK man

Night owl - love the evening and wee hours - all is very quiet and there's a different mood in the dark.

I have done a few events in the darkness / early hours and enjoyed them although my energies would be low at 4.00 am and would not wake up without a loud alarm clock if I was in the cot beforehand....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Complete and utter night owl!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Early Riser, always have been! Love being up and about before everyone else has even woken up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

I'm a night owl.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Early burd! Except for Sunday's if I've no plans, I usually have a lie in until around 10:30/11:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Definitely a night owl although work often doesn't allow for this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement