Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN a Pebble Smartwatch and get set for Darkness Into Light!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭donalfo

Early bird for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

Definitely an early bird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Hi everyone,

Darkness Into Light, a fantastic fundraising event for Pieta House which we're proud to support, is less than two weeks away! It’s a nationwide 5km run/walk (or whatever you fancy!), which commences at 4.15am on Saturday 10th May and takes the participants, literally, from the darkness of the early morning to the light of day.

The number of entries so far is making #DIL2014 the most successful event yet, and to mark the occasion, we are giving away a Pebble Smartwatch - perfect for keeping connected on the go.

PebblewatchwithDILtime_zpse40335d4.png

To enter, just answer this: Are you a night-owl or are you an early-to-bed person? Could you stay up for a 4.15am walk/run or would you need to set every alarm possible? Let us know below (with accompanying anecdotes if you like). :)

This competition closes next Tuesday, 6th May, and the winner will be chosen randomly as per our T&C's.

Best of luck!
    A bit of both! Can't beat the best of both worlds!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Morning Morgantown

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Hoser

more like a night owl, doing those vampire hours. 

• Advertisement

Night owl.

4 hours sleep ahead!

Woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

A night-owl forced to be an early bird. Anything past 22:00 is considered late at the moment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Most definitely an early bird. I would be on my bike most morning training at 5am and I get to see this

j6kdq1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lovely_hurlin

A night owl. Catch up on a bit of work, and then get to watch some tv that's not Ben and Holly, Peppa Pig or Barbie related!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 roboworkz

Burn candle at both ends. Naturally a night owl - smarphone glued in palm of left hand - but force myself to bed at a reasonable hour for fear of little people jumping on me in the morning. Usually get second wind around 1am - but don't often make it :)

Color me Pebble Electric Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

@ the moment a night owl as I'm doing the night feeds! Normally could do with alarms all over the place to rise me from my slumber!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

night owl!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

I am an early-to-bed person, usually I don't have big problems to wake up but I get tired early!
    I have periods during the year when waking up at 5 is natural! But at 21 I am wrecked!

It won't be super easy to start running at 4.15 a.m. but definitely I prefer it to a 11 p.m. run! 

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I am most definitely a night owl but often dable in early birding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

a night owl but once i fall asleep i can barely wake up, so I wouldnt like to see the running I'd do at 4 in the morning (-:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Very much a night owl as am scared to sleep due to my going wandering in my sleep. The other night I dreamt that my mother (who is currently in Florida!) was trying to murder me and I ran out of my basement bedroom, up a flight of stairs, grabbed a telephone and ran out into the garden to ring the Gardai.  I was hiding in bushes as a car went past at 5.30am trying to decide if it was real or a dream and whether I should ring the guards or not!  So yeah a run in the early hours of the morning is something I am quite used to! 

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

godtabh wrote: »
    Most definitely an early bird. I would be on my bike most morning training at 5am and I get to see this

j6kdq1.jpg

That sunrise is usually what prompts me to go to bed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭jacool

Night Owl - just woke up to type this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Night owl, without a doubt.  If there a was a pill invented that meant you could safely never sleep again, I'd be at the front of the queue to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

I'm an early to bed but my daughter will have me awake in enough time!! :D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Night Owl & Early Bird combined..... sleep is such a waste of time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Night owl but I'm slowly becoming an early bird. Old age is kicking in, or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

For exercise I would prefer to go in the daylight hours really, on a nice quiet road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Reluctant morning bird - rarely wake after 7, but never go to bed early enough, in case I miss something :o

• Subscribers Posts: 41,595 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Morning person here

Well i was up at Six this morning so i suppose a couple of hours earlier wouldn't hurt.

10 years ago i could do the whole weekend without sleep, ah those were the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Early bird now really, in my early 20s I never slept so I am making up the lost time now by sleeping early :p

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Night owl - I only like the early bird starts during summer when there is a nice early sunrise. I hibernate for winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Night owl, TV is no good in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

I'm a night owl except when I'm working nights, the body starts to shut down around 10pm.

Registered for the Darkness into Light in the Phoenix park, can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭derryvella

early bird.  I am normally getting up for work at 4.30 am:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement