Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Office ref / sort codes query

Options
  • 28-04-2014 4:07pm

Hi All,

I wonder can anyone help me here. I'm working in an office which receives money into its bank account by people who lodge money in the post office. I have been made aware of a number of unallocated payments which have been made over the last few years and I am trying to trace where they came from.

My question is - does every Post Office have its own reference / sort code, and would the GPO be in a position to give me information regarding these codes?

I appreciate any help on this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Individual post offices do not have their own sort codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I deal a bit with payments coming in through post offices. I think I have heard them called " grif" codes but I have no idea if there is a list anywhere of them. When I came into our office they were set up on our system already. Maybe give an post head office a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Thanks for the correction!

Advertisement