Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily commute with the DART

Options
  • 28-04-2014 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, soon I will move to Dublin and I would work 1km far away from Connolly train station. Would it make sense to commute daily using the DART?

Is the DART normally on time and not extremely crowded?

How long would it take from Lansdownme Road or Sandymount?

Are the trains frequent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

1km from connolly station covers a LOT of the city. It would depend in which direction, can you be more specific? darts are generally on time. look on dart.ie for times.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 moonbiter

I would work at Upper Sheriff Street, Dublin 1

From what I have seen Dart is quite frequent, especially during peak hours and it is also pretty fast. For sure it is also very expensive... anyway I read it is frequently crowded, so I was wondering if it is THAT crowded that is not possible to enter it when it reaches Sandymount or Lansdownme Road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

It will be crowded at rush hour if you are getting on close to the city like from Landsdowne or Sandymount, but it's only 10/15 mins travel time. There would be a good few getting off at Landsdowne Road so there should be some space for getting on. For frequency, timetables and travel times check out http://www.irishrail.ie/about-us/dart-commuter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

If you're commuting during normal working times then the trains are generally at 15 minute intervals, sometimes more/less.

I wouldn't worry too much about overcrowding. I sometimes commute from Killester into town which is about 2 stops from a main station and only once couldn't board a train (and it was because of delays). Maybe someone who comes from the southside could have you a better indication.

Either way I think living close to the DART would be a good call. It would massively open up your options. There's also a tram that goes from Connolly down closer to where you'll be working but it might not be worth the extra cost because it's a short walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I'm living in the IFSC and the moment but thinking of moving further out. Can anyone recommend nice quiet areas along the DART?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'm living in the IFSC and the moment but thinking of moving further out. Can anyone recommend nice quiet areas along the DART?

Anywhere from Booterstown southwards

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

The DART from sandymount before 7:50am is quiet. It is not very frequent between 8:25am - 9:00am going northbound 2/3 darts) but there are 5/6 southbound darts during that time period.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you'd be quicker cycling via the East Link Bridge (Upper Sherriff Street is a bit of a walk from Connolly)

Advertisement