Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

By Election

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Is Benny Cooney running? An election stalwart.

Not sure about this time around, but I think Benny was trying his luck in the Dublin constituencies in recent years

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Not sure about this time around, but I think Benny was trying his luck in the Dublin constituencies in recent years

Does he live in Dublin now ? Certainly an eternal optimist when it comes to elections !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Listening to the new TD for Longford/Westmeath yesterday, I got the feeling that she didn't even know where she was and was confused by it all.

She was like a deer caught in the headlights of a car.

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Listening to the new TD for Longford/Westmeath yesterday, I got the feeling that she didn't even know where she was and was confused by it all.

She was like a deer caught in the headlights of a car.

Give her a chance to find her feet for God's sake - She's just been elected.
    How do you know she looked "like a deer caught in the headlights of a car" if you were listening on the radio ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Long Gone wrote: »
    How do you know she looked "like a deer caught in the headlights of a car" if you were listening on the radio ? ?

Lots of TDs had their feet long before they were elected.

Im sure the guy meant she sounded like that. Easily the country's weakest constituency representatives. Will be surprised to see her speak in the Dail more than a couple of times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Long Gone wrote: »

she was on the tv.
    I was listening to her talk.
    she also looked confused by the whole thing.

Politics should not be a family dynasty.

Lots of TDs had their feet long before they were elected.

Im sure the guy meant she sounded like that. Easily the country's weakest constituency representatives. Will be surprised to see her speak in the Dail more than a couple of times.

Well how fair minded of you to instantly dismiss her as "easily the country's weakest constituency representatives (sic)" before she's had any chance whatsoever to prove herself as a TD.

There is fierce competition for that title and you have no basis whatsoever to make that assertion.

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    she was on the tv.
    I was listening to her talk.
    she also looked confused by the whole thing.

Politics should not be a family dynasty.

As I've already said - Give her a chance.

I fully agree that politics should not be a family dynasty - At least Mammy's lad was comprehensively defeated in hte attempt to get what she has the appalingly nerve and hard neck to regard as "her" seat....

Advertisement