Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card turonover percentage

Options
  • 28-04-2014 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all

I am in the proccess of starting a business and aib are looking for my projected card turnover to set up my merchant account. Its a cafe/ fast food outlet

Does anyone have any rough idea of a percentage of sales taken on cards in this industry

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I would have thought it would be pretty low. Probably around 30% of turnover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

3%?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

It will depend on several things -e.g. the price of the average sale, the customer profile and the type of business split between on/off sales. Only you know that info..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

I'd make up a number and wouldn't fret too much about it. I was asked when applying and made up a number, got the account and never heard about it again.

Advertisement