Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sega Saturn Model 2 (for modchip)

Options
  • 28-04-2014 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Just got a mod chip from racket boy and I'm looking for a suitable Sega Saturn model 2 to put it in. I'd be willing to trade something or just straight up buy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Just got a mod chip from racket boy and I'm looking for a suitable Sega Saturn model 2 to put it in. I'd be willing to trade something or just straight up buy.

I have one, comes with 2 controllers. Wouldn't be looking for a trade though.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MalvinMcPot

can you open it and take a picture of the cd drive board for me?......its six screws. How much would you be looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

can you open it and take a picture of the cd drive board for me?......its six screws. How much would you be looking for?

Fairly sure the Racketboy chip is the best one going & works with both 32 & 64 pin drive boards? I could be wrong though :o

Yeah i dont want a 64 pin board......they have been known to cause issues and are far harder to install...........already have a 64 pin so you see my problem.

Yeah i dont want a 64 pin board......they have buttons.own to cause issues and are far harder to install...........already have a 64 pin so you see my problem.

I assume you mean open up the cover? I'd rather not do that. It's a model mk-80200a if that helps.

I'm looking for what I paid for it (70), or 50 if you can fix my namco stick buttins

• Advertisement

Hygro wrote: »
    I assume you mean open up the cover? I'd rather not do that. It's a model mk-80200a if that helps.

I'm looking for what I paid for it (70), or 50 if you can fix my namco stick buttins

OK is it boxed? If not 70 is more than ebay prices for a saturn. And that model number doesn't really help at all......id really need to see it without the case on and that's only Phillips head six screws. id give you 60 for it if she's the right model.

OK is it boxed? If not 70 is more than ebay prices for a saturn. And that model number doesn't really help at all......id really need to see it without the case on and that's only Phillips head six screws. id give you 60 for it if she's the right model.

Ok, no bother. Good luck.

no worries

Not to be a pain but is it the price i offered or the opening up of the console? I assure you if its the latter its only six screws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I'll check my Saturn to see which model it is, if yourself and Hydro cant work something out.

EDIT: Its a MK-80200A as well.

• Advertisement

Please check......I would really appreciate it.

Please check......I would really appreciate it.

Taking a pic now.

I'll upload it here, imgur is being a ******

I dont think its the one you want.

Image : https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/617534/304855.jpg

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Taking a pic now.

Thanks for going through that hassle.......sadly it's the 64 pin variant.

Thanks again.

Thanks for going through that hassle.......sadly it's the 64 pin variant.

Thanks again.

Gave you tried modding a 64pin board? I had two chipped Saturn's at one stage & one of them was definitely a 64pin that worked with the chip

Myrddin wrote: »
    Gave you tried modding a 64pin board? I had two chipped Saturn's at one stage & one of them was definitely a 64pin that worked with the chip

The modding for a 64 pin board looks like a lot of hassle.

The modding for a 64 pin board looks like a lot of hassle.

Finding a 32pin board might prove just as much hassle though. The procedure for modding a 64pin iss the same as the 32pin ones...it's just where you solder one wire to the drive board the pins are a bit smaller on the 64pin versions...

Finding a 32pin board might prove just as much hassle though. The procedure for modding a 64pin iss the same as the 32pin ones...it's just where you solder one wire to the drive board the pins are a bit smaller on the 64pin versions...

You sure ur looking at the right modchip.......The tutorial I seen required a lot of soldering on the chip itself.

You sure ur looking at the right modchip.......The tutorial I seen required a lot of soldering on the chip itself.

Never came across a Saturn chip that needed soldering to the chip itself, barring a jumper maybe. I've modded both types, 32pin & 64pin, & the installation was near identical on both & both worked perfectly...though 64pins do seem to cause issues for some people it seems

Never came across a Saturn chip that needed soldering to the chip itself, barring a jumper maybe. I've modded both types, 32pin & 64pin, & the installation was near identical on both & both worked perfectly...though 64pins do seem to cause issues for some people it seems

The chip I have I soldered into my 64 pin....power to the psu pin 5v and I bridged the a b connection. Then I was reading if the ribbon cable folds over, you need to have the chip in facing away from the cd drive.....Both ways I had the games show as an audio cd....and that's official games not rips or backups.

• Advertisement

The chip I have I soldered into my 64 pin....power to the psu pin 5v and I bridged the a b connection. Then I was reading if the ribbon cable folds over, you need to have the chip in facing away from the cd drive.....Both ways I had the games show as an audio cd....and that's official games not rips or backups.

Yeah sounds like the type of issues you can run into with these. I honestly can't remember what orientation my 64pin chip is in, but I'll try find out

Yeah sounds like the type of issues you can run into with these. I honestly can't remember what orientation my 64pin chip is in, but I'll try find out

Yeah I even tried change the power wire from the psu to the cd board power....that didn't work.

I'm gonna check out my Saturn today, if it's the one you are looking for as I said before you can have it for 50 if you can fix my Namco Arcade Stick, which appears to have a faulty R2 button.

What namcom stick is it? ps2 one with yellow buttons?

What namcom stick is it? ps2 one with yellow buttons?

Yeah, that's the one. Though it was made for PS1

Those sticks don't use standard arcade buttons......do you have spare buttons purchased? and if you replace just one they are a different colour to the rest so i suggest buying a set.....the standard arcade buttons are larger than the namco ones so the stick would need to be cut using a dremel......i'd give repairing it a shot if you like but I have never fixed an arcade stick that didn't use standard buttons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement