Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What an interesting marketing tactic....

Options
  • 28-04-2014 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Received this item in my postbox when I got home this evening.

Regardless I was wondering where the seller got my address from, searched for the company found an ebay page newly opened and the above amazon page.

Seems they got my address *somewhere* and sent me the item (it looks terrible compared to the picture above by the way) and I suspect it's some sort of marketing tactic.

Contacted Amazon to try and track down how they got my details in the first place considering I've never dealt with them or any of their other sellers and I don't like it when company X,Y,Z randomly out of the blue has information on me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Perhaps it was meant for someone else, and you got it in error? Was the parcel specifically addressed to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Indeed, specifically addressed to me. My full name and my full address. It even had the county put in twice just like I have on Amazon.

Sent by Royal Mail, I don't get any other parcels from Royal Mail apart from those that come from Amazon.

Well, on the bright side it gave me a laugh...
    Had this happen in my head when I opened it:

Well, indeed it was for someone else. Someone whom I had given permission in the past to use my address for mail accidentally used it again while ordering the above from Amazon.

It made my day however...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Ha ha! Thought so...

What did the lucky recipient think of the quality?

They've not picked it up yet. Looks like a small image blown up to 17". But sure for £0.99 you wouldn't expect the Mona Lisa to arrive on your doorstep :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement