Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Property & Tenant wants to register for rent allowance.

Options
  • 28-04-2014 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi all I am selling my property and I have given my tenant 3 months notice. He is due to move out around the beginning of June. Today he contacted me and wants to register for rent allowance under his tenancy with me but I'm not sure if there is any point as he is due to move out soon. I'm just confused about the workings of it - does this mean he is registered for RA for rent for my property only or how does it work? To be honest I don't want to be registered as a landlord that takes rent allowance as once he moves out I won't be getting anyone else in. If he registers for RA is this a sort of contract to stay in my property?
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement