Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 3 mouse and keyboard freeze

Options
  • 28-04-2014 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

I bought fallout 3 goty edition the other day on steam but around five minutes into playing the game my mouse and keyboard freeze but the game still works (as in npcs still move and the game sounds still work) so I ctrl alt delete to end the game via task manager thinking it was a one off. I then re launched the game but it happened again and again so I Googled it to find a few other people were having the same problem but I could not find a fix.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers for my keyboard and mouse and tried using other keyboards and mice but still no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Try disabling the steam overlay, and also verifying your game cache. Try it in windowed mode as well, to see if that makes any difference.

It's a pain in the ass to get working on Windows 7. The GOTY version has never worked for me, crashing on launch every time i start it. Annoying really, as i'd love to play it again with some mods installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheFlidKid

Kiith wrote: »
    Try disabling the steam overlay, and also verifying your game cache. Try it in windowed mode as well, to see if that makes any difference.

It's a pain in the ass to get working on Windows 7. The GOTY version has never worked for me, crashing on launch every time i start it. Annoying really, as i'd love to play it again with some mods installed.
    I'll give that ago when my Internet gets back up. I was so eager to play the game but now I'm not even bothered, always something buggy about games from steam from my experience

Advertisement