Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Breast, Mozzarella & What??

Options
  • 28-04-2014 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Trying to think of a recipe...

I've got chicken breasts, mozzarella balls, and obviously onion, herbs and garlic.

Was thinking of a pasta bake, but what veg would go well with it? Can't stand tomatoes, and my hubby can't stand mushrooms.

Any ideas?

TIA :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There was a guy on ITV this morning cooking with those very ingredients, it looked really good.
    http://www.itv.com/lorraine/food/chicken-parmigiana

Edit: I've just seen the bit about you not liking tomatoes.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella and wrapped in proscuttio or parma harm is lovely, just oven bake it and serve with new potatoes and salad.

Oooh - that sounds nice! I'll give that a try...Thank you!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Oooh - that sounds nice! I'll give that a try...Thank you!

I was thinking the same, even plain old streaky bacon if you've no prosciutto

It's gorgeous, I pan fry it for the last few minutes to give it a bit of crisp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Avocado, or even a guacamole.
    Leave the Mozz out and use Blue cheese, Streaky bacon and Avocado with the Chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

While I agree entirely with the stuffed, wrapped breast suggestion, if and when you want to do a bake along these lines, courgette and red pepper would work. Add some (red) onion, plenty of garlic, oregano and a hit of chili (if that's your thing).

bonkey wrote: »
    While I agree entirely with the stuffed, wrapped breast suggestion, if and when you want to do a bake along these lines, courgette and red pepper would work. Add some (red) onion, plenty of garlic, oregano and a hit of chili (if that's your thing).

Fabulous! Would it work with fusilli as a bake, do you think? Might give that a try too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

If you dont have the bacon handy you could go with pesto round the outside of the chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

tarragon lots of tarragon

• Advertisement
Advertisement