Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flora Women's Mini Marathon 2014 - Late Charity Entry?

Options
  • 28-04-2014 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all :)

I'm a first time poster who's hoping someone will be able to help me out.

I first completed the mini marathon last year and absolutely loved it! I did it for Cerebral Palsy Louth as a little cousin of mine who has condition. And this year myself & some other family members have decided to enter together!

I had started training/fundraising and preparing for the race only to realise too late that I had missed the deadline! I know it's completely my own fault but it doesn't stop me being gutted that I cannot help out Fionn's (my cousin) foundation & show support for him on the day!

<Snip>

Mod: A reminder of the charter

If you want to look for (or sell) race numbers because you forgot to enter on time then check that the race allows transfers (most don't). Forward the link or email which states transfers are allowed to the mods before posting your request. We'll close any threads that don't do this.

Any info which could help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Do the arc mini marathon next week instead

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rmc90

Yeah I've heard about that but had hoped to run with my family members!

They're not going to be too impressed that I missed the deadline.

Plus I doubt I'll be read for it that soon!

Thanks for your advice though, appreciate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

If you're willing to fundraise for another charity you could contact one of them that block books places for their own teams (have a google of the big name charities + mini marathon and you should find some), nothing stopping you donating what you've already raised to your cousin's charity and then raising some more money for the charity that gives you a place on their team?

If you're willing to fundraise for another charity you could contact one of them that block books places for their own teams (have a google of the big name charities + mini marathon and you should find some), nothing stopping you donating what you've already raised to your cousin's charity and then raising some more money for the charity that gives you a place on their team?

Thanks a million! That's great advice! I didn't realise they did that or could do that! Do you mean the likes of the Irish cancer society? Or that?

There's a list of charities from the mini marathon website, should give you some ideas of who to contact, I can't post with the link for some reason but if you google flora women's mini marathon list of charities it should come up for you.

• Advertisement

Go raibh míle maith agat :D

I didn't realise charities block booked places! Will chance my arm tomorrow! Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I don't believe that's the case, to run for a charity you must already have your entry.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I don't believe that's the case, to run for a charity you must already have your entry.

I got a place running for a charity last year after general entry had closed and i didn't have my own entry. It may well be that many charities have already allocated their bookings but it might be worth the OP trying this option if she has her heart set on running it.

I got a place running for a charity last year after general entry had closed and i didn't have my own entry. It may well be that many charities have already allocated their bookings but it might be worth the OP trying this option if she has her heart set on running it.

Yeah I wasn't so sure if it definitely would work but if you did yourself then that's even better news! :) Had you registered with your chosen charity already or come last minute like me? Don't want to seem cheeky either like coming in to get doing it! What charity did you run for?

Rmc90 wrote: »
    Yeah I wasn't so sure if it definitely would work but if you did yourself then that's even better news! :) Had you registered with your chosen charity already or come last minute like me? Don't want to seem cheeky either like coming in to get doing it! What charity did you run for?

Not running it this year, i would think the smaller charities don't block book so i would focus on the biggest ones (not sure if mods are ok with naming names?) i was really grateful to the charity that gave me a place and made an extra effort with the fundraising for them as a result so i like to think it was a win/win!

• Advertisement
Advertisement