Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vinegar and Salt weed killer?

• 28-04-2014 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hey,

I read recently that mixing vinegar and salt together makes a great weed killer. And that it is safe because when it washes away with rain, it gets diluted, and doesn't effect the environment.

But what about the soil directly around it? Does the salt destroy the earth? Prevent things from growing? On a pure paving stone garden, this is fine. But the paving stones I want to clear are surrounded by a garden bed. And I do wamt to plant something in them.

I thought about just flooding the garden with water so it will wash away once the weeds are dead, but I don't want to then wash it into the bushes nearby if it is going to kill them too.

Had anyone used this before? Does it work? Is it safe? Should I only use it on the driveway kind of areas? Any other advice?

(please excuse any spelling mistakes, I am using my phone)

Advertisement