Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gracediue car vandalism

Options
  • 28-04-2014 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Car park in mount suir behind chipper in gracediue .two vw golfs have had back wheels stolen in last 3 weeks and another car broken into last week the two cars have been left on blocks there.wouldn't advise anyone to leave car there over night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

gotsmoke wrote: »
    Car park in mount suir behind chipper in gracediue .two vw golfs have had back wheels stolen in last 3 weeks and another car broken into last week the two cars have been left on blocks there.wouldn't advise anyone to leave car there over night

This was one of the reasons that we moved out of there as our car had been broken into twice.
    That car park is way too secluded.

A girl also got attacked by 2 men one night. It got to a stage where I had to ring my then Fiance now my husband to come out to collect me at night!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

They were robbed?! Gosh I see that car everyday, just thought the owner was doing something with it...

This place is such a **** hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Wow is it really that bad up there? I have heard one or two stories of a few scumbags around but I was actually thinking of renting there for a few months because it was a handy location and less than half hour drive to work. So what is Mount Suir REALLY like, any past or present tenants care to spill?

Wow is it really that bad up there? I have one or two stories of a few scumbags around but I was actually thinking of renting there for a few months because it was a handy location and less than half hour drive to work. So what is Mount Suir REALLY like, any past or present tenants care to spill?

Living there right now, been there for 6 months. All sorts of scum seem to live and hang around here. This place has made me have to call 999 for the first time.
    I have never known what anxiety is until I lived here.

Someone just graffitied sex multiple times in huge letters in my hallway. My letter box has been broken multiple times.

No one gives a **** about this place!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

^ Wow i hope you manage to get out of there soon, it seems I may have dodged a bullet. I have noticed a few unsavory types around there but I dont know what its like at night time..and to hear the letting agent, she has nothing but good things to say about the place. Dont they have any cameras in that car park?

• Advertisement

Well I probably have had it worse than most, a lot of the above has been caused by one guy, not all, but a lot.
    There's no cameras anywhere in the building.

To top it all off the management company is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

My uncles car had the back wheel taken while the car was in his driveway in Ashley Court the other night. That is one brazen act, and its not likes its quiet, I have no idea how they didnt wake him or any of the neighbours, its a quiet cul de sac like

Heard the same happened to cars in viewmount the same night, all Toyotas

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

did anyone ever hear of locking nuts??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Did anyone ever expect vermin to do this? Probably and hopefully not.

I don't have locking nuts, I dont have CCTV covering every square inch of my property, I don't carry a weapon for self defence.

Sometimes sh!t happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

Worthless and more of a hassle tbh.
    You can get them off no problem if you just beat a socket over them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

oak5548 wrote: »
    Worthless and more of a hassle tbh.
    You can get them off no problem if you just beat a socket over them.

No one is going to be beating a socket over a locking nut if they are steeling a wheel the noise it would make would be loud enough to wake somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Friend of mine had her tire stolen in the carraig an aird area two days ago. They left the jack there and also the bolts on the ground. Must be the same crowd doing it moving from estate to estate. Also heard of it happening to a guy I work with in the lismore park area the same night. Frightening to know that the scum out there are going around doing this right outside people's front doors. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

out of matter of interest, the tyres robbed were they new on the cars targeted??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

out of matter of interest, the tyres robbed were they new on the cars targeted??

I wouldn't say it's the tyres they are after it's the alloys themselves as they can go for a lot of money. You would never get a tyre off a car with out sticking it on a machine where as an alloy can easily be nicked and a good tyre on the alloy is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Yep, they were new.

Advertisement