Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips hi fi speakers for stereo setup?

• 28-04-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I always liked the boomy sounds the philips hi fi's made - it was very good for dance music etc.

I just got a new tv and I've been looking at upgrading to a 2.1 system. I think these might have enough bass without an extra woofer though.

Would there be any advantages to adding a receiver here or will the outputs on the tv be ok?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you don't buy a receiver (I assume you mean an AV Receiver) then you'll need a soundbar. No TV that I'm aware of has speaker outputs.

Advertisement