Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Zealand car rental

Options
  • 28-04-2014 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi everyone,

I'm travelling around New Zealand this July and was wondering if anyone could recommend a reliable car rental company to use in the North Island? Thanks!:-))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Budget - work use these guys all the time
    Hertz - a million times better than Hertz in Irl, I used them when I first got here, no probs at all, really good to deal with
    Omega - do a cheaper rental of older cars which can be good if you don't really care about the car

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mcfly1411

Yeh, i rented a car with Budget for driving around New Zealand for 5 months and they were by far the cheapest and they were fair to deal with. I think i managed to haggle the price for such a long rental to something like 10dollars a day so it worked out a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sadnav

Hi
    We used Apex and they were fine. Car was nothing special but cheap to run and we paid around $900 for seven weeks in call insurances. We paid for separate CDW before we travelled and that saved around £100 on the additional cover.

Advertisement