Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

360s Optical Drive Repair/replacement

• 28-04-2014 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

So went to fire up Dark Souls 2 this evening to get an unrecognized disc error, Status code 03-57-00. Much googling later tells me I'll need to get it repaired. Much googling later also raises more doubts than anything about repair services out there. Seems bad experiences get posted about, good ones don't. Anyone care to recommend a repair centre, ideally in Dublin City Centre, or Dublin 15 areas that I could use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

So, it would seem the best thing to do is to send it back to MS. Register on their site, register your device, request a service. Costs €80, and they cover the shipping, if they can't repair it they'll replace it. Which is on a par with prices I was being quoted by third parties. So pleased enough with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

So, it would seem the best thing to do is to send it back to MS. Register on their site, register your device, request a service. Costs €80, and they cover the shipping, if they can't repair it they'll replace it. Which is on a par with prices I was being quoted by third parties. So pleased enough with that.

:eek: €80 is a bit steep for just a laser replacement, you could possibly buy a second hand Xbox at that price. I used to operate a console repair service and the average price is €30 -€40 depending on the model and of course who you bring it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

:eek: €80 is a bit steep for just a laser replacement, you could possibly buy a second hand Xbox at that price. I used to operate a console repair service and the average price is €30 -€40 depending on the model and of course who you bring it too.

€80 includes 2 way shipping. And is in line with what 3rd parties wanted to charge. Is the 360 slim. I'm happy to pay it to Microsoft to get it repaired directly from them. If they can't repair they'll replace it, at no extra charge.
    Second hand ones are €120 for the 4GB version and €180 for 250GB version in gamestop. Might get cheaper elsewhere, but with this I at least have some someback if there is further failure.

Advertisement