Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI Splitter?

Options
  • 28-04-2014 10:50pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to duplicate the display on my PC onto my TV. I already have a dual monitor setup, one HDMI and one DVI. I want to split the signal from the HDMI and have it display on my TV also. Can this be done ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,277 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It can be, it's a box though not a straight cable. Used such things a lot in my last job to set up walls of TVs and Monitors for sale

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys can anyone link me to something on ebay that will effectively split/duplicate my hdmi signal to both my monitor and my tv? Most I find only split to one at a time. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you can wait 2 weeks
    http://www.dx.com/p/1-in-2-out-ports-hdmi-1-03b-splitter-129194#.U3NaM_ldWgY

No doubt can be found on ebay somewhere, but will probably ship from HK anyways.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks that looks great. I'm not in any hurry so thats grand. About €22 which is not too bad. This needs to be plugged in, do I need a US adaptor or will it come with one?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Same one here for less than €15. UK seller too. http://m.ebay.ie/itm/221276604462?nav=SEARCH

• Advertisement

Brilliant thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

A USB to DC adapter might well power it too, cant tell from the spec as its chingrish but if the draw is low(we know its 5v like USB) then that'd be enough. Could be handy if your TV has USB ports to spare.

ED E wrote: »
    A USB to DC adapter might well power it too
    Great, how do I know the size etc?

Advertisement