Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same cheque debited twice from my account?

Options
  • 28-04-2014 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭

Hi there,  quick question.  

Just checking my online banking and I noticed that I cheque that I wrote the other day has been lodged by the payee but the amount has been debited twice from my account.  

I checked the balance just to verify and both amounts have been debited.  

Can you please advise what is going on here? 

The first debit says "Cheque xx" and the second debit says "Cheque 0000xx", both have the same date.  

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Arciphel,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

As your query is very much account specific we would suggest that you contact your branch or Bank of Ireland 365, if registered, as we do not have account access here. A representative in either area will be more than happy to confirm what has happened.

If you are registered for 365 online you can also send a secure message through the Online Service Desk. The representatives who respond to these queries would have full access to account details and would be happy to provide you with a detailed response.

If we can help you with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Hi Arciphel,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

As your query is very much account specific we would suggest that you contact your branch or Bank of Ireland 365, if registered, as we do not have account access here. A representative in either area will be more than happy to confirm what has happened.

If you are registered for 365 online you can also send a secure message through the Online Service Desk. The representatives who respond to these queries would have full access to account details and would be happy to provide you with a detailed response.

If we can help you with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine
    Just checked it again today and the second debit is now gone so I am guessing it was a shadow transaction of some sort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Arciphel,

Yes this may have been a shadow posting on your account. As Elaine has said previously, we do not have account access here so we would be unable to confirm this. If you are concerned, it would be best to confirm this with your branch or by calling Bank of Ireland 365. 

However, please also note that when you are logged into your account late in the evening when the system is updating, it can appear that some transactions are duplicated and credits may appear out of order. The final balance on your account will always be correct however and the duplication is corrected once the system has completed updating. Unfortunately we do not have the option of stopping this from happening. 

If you need help with anything else please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement