Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet providers?

Options
  • 28-04-2014 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭

What are you guys using? We don't have a phone line and are getting our broadband from NorthWest Electronics but aren't happy with the service. Is anyone using Q-Sat or OnWave? Any recommendations?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

You don't have a Galaxy III or higher - as you can tethering and portable wifi hotspot? It would cover basic web use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

You don't have a Galaxy III or higher - as you can tethering and portable wifi hotspot? It would cover basic web use.

Which is against network providers terms and conditions, if they catch you tethering (which I've seen happen a few times) they cut off your internet and will not turn it back on again. Some get away with it some don't.

It's ok if you are PAYG but if billpay you'll be stuck in a contract with no internet on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭Penfailed

My phone is a phone. I use it to make phone calls old skool stylee :D I don't have a fancy mobile. I only want the internet for the PC at home.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Penfailed wrote: »
    My phone is a phone. I use it to make phone calls old skool stylee :D I don't have a fancy mobile. I only want the internet for the PC at home.

massive-phone.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭Penfailed

massive-phone.jpg

Yeah! One of those ^^^ :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Firblog

Which is against network providers terms and conditions, if they catch you tethering (which I've seen happen a few times) they cut off your internet and will not turn it back on again. Some get away with it some don't.

It's ok if you are PAYG but if billpay you'll be stuck in a contract with no internet on your phone.

Three allow tethering - I've been doing it for years - was told in the Three shop in letterkenny that it was going to be ended, but hasn't happened yet :D

On the OP's query, have heard 2 poor reports about Q Sat, nothing about Onwave. Just read the small print very carefully, what minimum speed they guarantee etc

Advertisement