Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ambassador Chinese Restaurant Closing Down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Gamb!t wrote: »

They've been there forever! Hope it's not due to high rents - Cork City centre will be left with McDonalds, BTs and Penneys.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Same as every other business that has closed in there, the bloody rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

kub wrote: »
    Same as every other business that has closed in there, the bloody rates.

So the people (not) calling to our doors, but expecting to be elected should be questioned.

It's a joke, if that's why that restaurant is closing. Patrick Street is an awful main thoroughfare, but now if shops and restaurants just off that are struggling...it's shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Oh no, had so many good evenings there. Such a terrible shame, will sorely miss it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Penny's are expanding and have bought the building from them. Nothing to do with hard times. Penny's have also bought Vera Modo building so I guess they are trying to get the whole section of buildings there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Penny's are expanding and have bought the building from them. Nothing to do with hard times. Penny's have also bought Vera Modo building so I guess they are trying to get the whole section of buildings there.

Its about time, that store is the most densely populated store you are likely to see. The Mrs drags me in there, I despise the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

In the 80s The Ambassador seemed fancy.
    In recent times it just seemed expensive for very Westernised Cantonese food.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

Yes but it was good westernised cantonese food...

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

christ i had great nights in there with all my x old ones happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Shame to see them go - my Father in law will be distraught. I always felt they used a bit too much MSG and came out with sticky teeth....but maybe thats why the 'aul man likes it....helps keep his dentures in place :D

Lots of regulars though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

sad news alright and perhaps it is down to rates as the family are still going to be around but concentrating on their restaurant in Carrigaline.

Penneys expanding into more stores, more fast food shít holes than ever...it's a race to the bottom in Cork City it seems. As long as Penneys sell elasticated pants the punters will be happy :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

Pennys actually own all that block, they didnt buy it, they already own it.

They are going to create a flagship store encorperating the entire block, making it the biggest pennys in the world.

Yay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

lolosaur wrote: »
    Pennys actually own all that block, they didnt buy it, they already own it.

They are going to create a flagship store encorperating the entire block, making it the biggest pennys in the world.

Yay :(

So essencially Pennys have shut down The Ambassador? :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

yeah, they are opened or are opening up in carrigaline now.

Advertisement