Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin historical newspapers?

Options
  • 28-04-2014 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Dublin historical newspapers: Hello, A letter to the editor dated March 13th, 1865 and which began: ‘Sir - As you have given insertion to a lecture on 'the Confessional' lately delivered in Dublin by a reputed Catholic layman named Kelly, and as I happen to reside in that part of the country where those abuses are alleged by him to exist …’ was published in a Dublin newspaper between March 13th and 17th 1865, most likely March 14th. I am trying to discover who wrote the letter. The national library cannot find it in the Dublin Daily Express, the paper which carried the lecture; can anybody suggest another Dublin paper which might have published this letter? Many thanks, I am on the border of defeat with this now.

Advertisement