Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac Module Assignment Grading System

• 29-04-2014 1:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19

Im currently doing a Multimeda Production course in a college I would rather not name but our TV and Radio Production lecturer was replaced half way through the year by a woman that has never taught in a college before and doesn't know how things are run whatsoever.

We were assigned to make a 15 minute documentary 2 weeks before we went on a 2 week holiday break. Only catch was we weren't allowed to use cameras over the 2 weeks as they were not under insurance by the college. This mean we had only 2 weeks to do the documentary and unfortunately in the assigned area we were given none of the locations would allow us to film, saying it was illegal or we needed our own insurance to film there.

This assignment is worth 50% of our grade for the entire module which seems like an overly large grade for a single assignment, has anyone else had an assignment like this being worth the majority of your grade? Is there any way I could contest my final mark due to the poor planning of the teacher and assigning what is essentially an impossible assignment?

Advertisement