Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Craig Ferguson leaves Late Late Show (CBS)

• 29-04-2014 3:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

The most authentic funny, charismatic, talented host working in late night entertainment (besides Graham Norton) is leaving his post in the coming months.

I was introduces to him through Youtube videos and his interviews and general manner would make make talking to a broom entertaining.

Tragedy, the man is one of the best legit REAL conversationlists there is.
    One of two chatshows I can not only tolerate but I watch like a giddy child. Cheers me up no end.
    He will teach you how to talk to women seriously, lol

Moments like this

And I think, the best honest chatshow moment ever. Inspiring, dark and somber, yet very funny. Someone on TV has to be intellectual and have ethics. Thank god he's also hilarious. If you haven't watched its one best things you'll ever watch listen to. BY FAR.

If his guest wants to trade jokes, that's just fine with him -- but if they want to be serious, he can actually hold an intelligent conversation with them. He has the smallest budget, little polish or scripting or veneer and it's all the better/cosier for it. Hard to believe that this a primetime mainstream show with quirks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It always seems that guests really enjoy being on his show rather than just going through the motions. Does he have something else lined up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm sure it's a great coup by RTE, replacing Tubbs faux US chatshow host schlock with a bit of the real thing, and Dublin is closer to Glasgow for Craig to reconnect with his oul' sod! :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

squonk wrote: »
    I'm sure it's a great coup by RTE, replacing Tubbs faux US chatshow host schlock with a bit of the real thing, and Dublin is closer to Glasgow for Craig to reconnect with his oul' sod! :)

Wait... what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I watched a lot of Craig Ferguson on Youtube too. (thanks SlinkyMolitar!). He's very good. He can be very self-depricating in a very funny way and he is very intelligent.

I love this lip sync

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Big fan. I guess he isn't happy about not getting the Letterman gig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Wait... what?

Jesus, that'd be utterly fantastic to have him, though I think he has wife and kids in LA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He is an American citizen now anyway. As has been mentioned, he has a wife and a kid in L.A.

There's no chance at all that he'd ever host our LLS! :pac:

Advertisement