Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wish to appeal an infraction.

Options
  • 29-04-2014 4:21am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads.

I was given an infraction by Ruubot2 for "being uncivil" in this post which I feel is unwarranted.

I pm'd the mod in question and asked him to reverse the infraction and was met with a single sentence telling me to take it to help desk.
    When I asked for an explanation of the "uncivil" nature of the post so that I could try to understand the infraction and not waste Admin/C-mod time with an unnecessary appeal I was given a half arsed reply which doesn't justify the actions of the moderator.
    No warnings or Moderator instructions were given in thread until after the infraction and nobody else was infracted despite several posters actually being uncivil.
    I feel the moderator involved is allowing his bias and personal feelings on the subject dictate his actions and resulting in an abuse of privilege and feel the infraction should be reversed.

I did receive infraction a few days ago in AH from a different mod for posting "yore ma" because, to be honest, I forgot it was banned by the charter, this I didn't question or object to, ignorance of the rule doesn't absolve me from fault and I accept that punishment.
    However I feel Ruubot2 is in the wrong here and if anything a general warning about tone of posts (which by AH standards were mild all around) and not getting bogged down in circular debates (again, not bad by AH standards) would have been a better course of action.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,700 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Your infraction was based off all your posts in that thread, not just the one the infraction was issued on. Some lines from a few of your posts:

"if you can't acknowledge that you're either blind or ignorant"
    "Have a read of these for a little reality check there John."
    "Dun Laoghaire is swarming with skagheads tbh."
    "I think your inability to read what was actually posted or subsequent replies may impair your ability to comment on anything, to be quite frank."
    "Man with picture of Morrissey as his avatar complaining about other posters complaining about stuff. The universe might just explode."
    "and now a few people are butthurt about it"
    "It's not my job to hold your hand if you're too lazy to look for something"
    "is your world that small that you care that much about the comings and goings of a faceless stranger on a message board? That's kind of sad tbh."
    "Your insight is blowing my mind."
    "Then you're a strange wee sausage to say the least."
    "I wonder where Ann disappeared to..."

Needlessly aggressive, antagonistic, condescending, borderline trolling and throwing sly digs at people.

Infraction stands, and you're lucky it's all you got. Continue posting in that manner and you'll be banned from AH.

You may ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Penn wrote: »
    Your infraction was based off all your posts in that thread, not just the one the infraction was issued on. Some lines from a few of your posts:

"if you can't acknowledge that you're either blind or ignorant"
    "Have a read of these for a little reality check there John."
    "Dun Laoghaire is swarming with skagheads tbh."
    "I think your inability to read what was actually posted or subsequent replies may impair your ability to comment on anything, to be quite frank."
    "Man with picture of Morrissey as his avatar complaining about other posters complaining about stuff. The universe might just explode."
    "and now a few people are butthurt about it"
    "It's not my job to hold your hand if you're too lazy to look for something"
    "is your world that small that you care that much about the comings and goings of a faceless stranger on a message board? That's kind of sad tbh."
    "Your insight is blowing my mind."
    "Then you're a strange wee sausage to say the least."
    "I wonder where Ann disappeared to..."

Needlessly aggressive, antagonistic, condescending, borderline trolling and throwing sly digs at people.

Infraction stands, and you're lucky it's all you got. Continue posting in that manner and you'll be banned from AH.

You may ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

Admin review requested.
    I feel that my replies to were both within the standards of AH, not in anyway aggressive and far from throwing "sly digs".

The liffey in the city centre IS filthy and anyone trying to claim otherwise is either trolling, ignorant or blind, I linked to two reports which stated the liffey has the highest levels of e-coli and fecal coliform to back that fact up.

Dun Laoghaire does have an issue with addicts loitering around the town, which is apparently caused by the location of a methadone treatment clinic near the town centre, this is accepted by locals as reality and talked about often in the SCD forum.

S.A.D. posted twice in two different threads what could only be construed as "sly digs" in an attempt to troll and thankwhore, I provided context to his misinformed remarks.

A poster posts a rant about "spineless pricks doing nothing but complaining", while doing nothing but complaining himself, I pointed out the post as an example of absurdity, especially given his avatar is a picture of a man regarded as a world class complainer.

The thread is called "do you like Dublin" and asks people why or why not. I post my feelings and the reasons for those feelings and was subsequently attacked, uncivilly, by several posters, every one of my posts was a direct reply to a post either quoting or directed at myself.

Princess CBH accused me of lying about a thread being on the front page of the SCD forum, despite it being there, half way down the page, because s/he(genuinely unsure of gender, not a dig, don't know the poster) was too lazy to find it, it's not my job to spoonfeed people if they are too lazy to check things before calling people liars.
    I told PCBH where the thread was and they claimed it wasn't there. S/He also accused me about lying about passing through DL regularly, I study in the DLR area and pass through the town centre 6 times per week on my way to and from college, which I stated as much earlier in the thread.
    Again, it's not my job to spoonfeed people who jump in two footed halfway through a thread and make baseless accusations of lying and trolling.

Poster claims he "will take solace in the fact that I'm leaving" and "plenty of people will take my place". I pointed out that it's kind of weird that he cares either way about my comings or goings seeing as we have never met and are never likely to. If anything he was baiting, not me.

Poster claimed Galway city is not more safe feeling than Dublin. Frankly, that's absurd. Galway city is tiny, well policed, busy at almost all times and well lit. Compared to inner city Dublin it's extremely safe (and extremely safe feeling), pick up any travel guide and it will tell you the same thing.

I was genuinely wondering why Ann Landers (sp?) closed her account mid thread for apparently no reason. I wasn't having a dig at her.

None of those posts are aggressive, I've not called anyone names or abused anyone, I haven't been trolling. I stated my opinion on whether or not I liked Dublin and why and then stood my ground when challenged on it.

I really feel this is a case of a mod deciding to reacting to something personally rather than actually enforcing the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,700 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Seaneh wrote: »
    Admin review requested.

Okay. An Admin will review when they're available.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Penn wrote: »
    Okay. An Admin will review when they're available.

Thanks for taking the time to review, even if I disagree with the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Are you serious? Are you deliberately trying to waste everyone's time here? I'm honestly starting to think that you simply can't see our side of things, especially considering you've been sitebanned twice.

Read Dav's last post on your previous Prison thread (one of them, one out of the many that you created while desperate to be let back in) and re-read it.

If you can't play nice, you know fine well that you won't be playing again.

As this is an infraction as opposed to a forum ban, I'm not sitebanning you permanently, and it goes without saying that I'm not removing this infraction as it's totally justified.

Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement