Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelbarrow Puncture

• 29-04-2014 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The wheel on my wheelbarrow is punctured. Looks like the valve is damaged. Where do I go to get this repaired?

Do Woodies do repairs like this? Or would a bike shop do it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

A friend had the same problem not long ago and fixing the punture cost him nearly the same as a new wheel. There was only a euro or two in the difference
    as I think they are a pain in the neck to repair. I think the new one was 14e and the repair was 11 or 12!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

K09 wrote: »
    Hi,

The wheel on my wheelbarrow is punctured. Looks like the valve is damaged. Where do I go to get this repaired?

Do Woodies do repairs like this? Or would a bike shop do it?

Thanks!

I find Woodies fecking useless maybe I'm just unlucky - sorry Castlebar.

Depending where you are, in the sticks all the tyre places do wheel barrow tyres and punctures as well as Quads, etc. - If it has a wheel they'll fix it. May be different in the cities though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Check B&Q for prices on a new wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭K09

I'm hoping to get this sorted this evening as need wheelbarrow going asap.

Would bike tyre sealant be any use?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

K09 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to get this sorted this evening as need wheelbarrow going asap.

Would bike tyre sealant be any use?

I've tried that and no - unless the hole is very small. You just make a lot of sticky mess. Our Borheen has thorn bushes down part of the sides I get a few punctures a year.

The local tyre guy repairs them last time it cost me €5 but I do get my truck and quad tyres there so he "scratches my back".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Is there not a tyre centre around? They might be able to help with the valve

Advertisement