Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid (Second Leg) (Allianz Arena) KO: 7:45PM (ITV1 + TV3)

• 29-04-2014 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭

bayern_munich_vs_real_madrid.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27193338

Some history first! No team has ever won back to back Champions League titles and Madrid have never won in Munich before!

Really looking forward to this! Madrid hold a one goal lead going into the second leg at the Allianz Arena tonight!

Fancy Bayern to come out and beat Madrid well at home!

4-1 to ze Germans!

LINE-UPS - Bayern Munich v Real Madrid, Agg: 0-1 (19:45 BST)

Bayern Munich: Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba; Schweinsteiger, Kroos; Robben, Mueller, Ribery; Mandzukic.
    Subs: Raeder, van Buyten, Martinez, Rafinha, Pizarro, Gotze, Hojbjerg

Real Madrid: Casillas; Carvajal, Ramos, Pepe, Coentrao; Modric, Alonso, di Maria; Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo.
    Subs: Diego Lopez, Varane, Marcelo, Casemiro, Morata, Isco, Illarra.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Unfortunately I fancy Madrid to come through this.

I predict a similar game to last week, with a fitter Ronaldo and maybe Bale to start, Madrid could be lethal on the counter.

And then Munich will need 3...

My prediction would be maybe a draw or Madrid to sneak it on away goals.

I hope I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Yeah I think score draw with Madrid going through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think Real will win on the night, they looked very comfortable last week and apart from some woeful finishing this game should have been out of Bayerns reach before the 2nd leg.

In saying that, I'd rather play Bayern IF Chelsea get to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I actually think Real could win this. Stating the obvious, but first goal is crucial. If Real can get that I can see them killing Bayern on the counter as Bayern push forward needing to score three. They exposed them a few times last week and with a fully-fit Ronaldo and Bale both probably starting you'd imagine they are capable of doing it again. Even if Bayern score first I can see Real scoring at some point and would fancy them to advance on away goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

shrewdness wrote: »
    I actually think Real could win this. Stating the obvious, but first goal is crucial. If Real can get that I can see them killing Bayern on the counter as Bayern push forward needing to score three. They exposed them a few times last week and with a fully-fit Ronaldo and Bale both probably starting you'd imagine they are capable of doing it again. Even if Bayern score first I can see Real scoring at some point and would fancy them to advance on away goals.

Yeah first goal and first 20 minutes could decide this one.

Bayern need a fast start and Madrid need to contain a fast start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Fancy Real to get through somehow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

In saying that, I'd rather play Bayern IF Chelsea get to the final.
    Big time, Bayern would be bread and butter stuff for Chelsea at this stage, I know the bookies would have them as probably massive favourites v Chelsea, I certainly wouldnt. Wasnt Mourinho the one who came up with this effective counter against Bayern in the CL final several years ago, when Chelsea by some miracle, managed to win after Bayern squandered endless chances in a near comic match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not often I want Madrid to win a game but tonight is one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Had a dream last night Real won this 2-0, Ronaldo scored two crackers!

It's prob not a sign tbh :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

love to Real get to the final & hammer Chelsea 4-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Big time, Bayern would be bread and butter stuff for Chelsea at this stage, I know the bookies would have them as probably massive favourites v Chelsea, I certainly wouldnt. Wasnt Mourinho the one who came up with this effective counter against Bayern in the CL final several years ago, when Chelsea by some miracle, managed to win after Bayern squandered endless chances in a near comic match?

That was di Matteo and that highlights the difference between setting up defensively and actually carrying it out effectively. Chelsea didn't perform well that night, it was more of a case of Bayern being incredibly poor in front of goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

That was di Matteo and that highlights the difference between setting up defensively and actually carrying it out effectively. Chelsea didn't perform well that night, it was more of a case of Bayern being incredibly poor in front of goal.
    your right, Drogba rescued them from what I remember and you are right, Bayern were appalling in front of goal that night. Their style will work with weaker teams, hence why they won the league etc so early, I think the other heavy weights have it more than sussed out at this stage though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Bayern: Neuer; Lahm, Dante, Boateng, Alaba; Schweinsteiger, Kroos; Ribéry, Robben, Müller & Mandzukić

Real Madrid: Casillas; Pepe, Ramos, Carvajal, Coentrão; Xabi Alonso, Modric, Di María; Bale Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

So much has been said and written about the game last week, some even have gone as far as to dismiss Guardiola's tiki taka when it comes to the crunch games against the biggest sides. I can't see anything other than Guardiola's Bayern Munich side having a hugely dominant share of the ball tonight, the pressure on the Madrid backline will be relentless and you'd imagine Guardiola will have worked on some facets of their game that didn't quite work last week. I absolutely think Bayern Munich will go through tonight, to stop a side with that much of the ball, with that much quality for another 90 minutes is next to impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can you create a hierarchical graph of the teams you support, to help the rest of us out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

So much has been said and written about the game last week, some even have gone as far as to dismiss Guardiola's tiki taka when it comes to the crunch games against the biggest sides. I can't see anything other than Guardiola's Bayern Munich side having a hugely dominant share of the ball tonight, the pressure on the Madrid backline will be relentless and you'd imagine Guardiola will have worked on some facets of their game that didn't quite work last week. I absolutely think Bayern Munich will go through tonight, to stop a side with that much of the ball, with that much quality for another 90 minutes is next to impossible.

Didn't Real Madrid do this last week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That_Guy wrote: »

Obviously inspired by the ghost of Mourinho which still haunts the Bernabau.

You may have missed the word "another" in that sentence, admittedly I didn't put a great deal of emphasis on it, perhaps in future I will consider placing important words in bold text in future.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Can you create a hierarchical graph of the teams you support, to help the rest of us out?

I support neither team tonight, I simply gave my opinion on what I think the result will be in one of the Champions League semi finals.

• Advertisement

You may have missed the word "another" in that sentence, admittedly I didn't put a great deal of emphasis on it, perhaps in future I will consider placing important words in bold text in future.

Thanks pal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Munich have Lahm and Robben back after the weekend win over Bremen. Bale and Ronaldo should start for Madrid. Still no news on the line-ups yet!

BBC match update!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27209817

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Would prefer a Real win but I can't see past Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Just in!

LINE-UPS - Bayern Munich v Real Madrid, Agg: 0-1 (19:45 BST)

Bayern Munich: Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba; Schweinsteiger, Kroos; Robben, Mueller, Ribery; Mandzukic.
    Subs: Raeder, van Buyten, Martinez, Rafinha, Pizarro, Gotze, Hojbjerg

Real Madrid: Casillas; Carvajal, Ramos, Pepe, Coentrao; Modric, Alonso, di Maria; Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo.
    Subs: Diego Lopez, Varane, Marcelo, Casemiro, Morata, Isco, Illarra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is the internet broken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

They've already done it, not sure why you think it's next to impossible for them to do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

My money wouldn't be on Bayern to go through, sadly. But I'm really really hoping they will prove me wrong.

(Some line-ups there, hoping for a cracker most of all)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

2-1 Bayern. Real to go through on away goals.

They've already done it, not sure why you think it's next to impossible for them to do it again.

A few reasons. Guardiola's set up away from home in Europe has crucial differences to how he sets up in home European games. They will of course be at home which is always an advantage. And I believe they, while Guardiola's tiki taka might be beaten once every so often, to do it twice over the course of a week would take something entirely remarkable.

• Advertisement

Hoping for an all-Madrid final anyway. With the line-up they have Real should score at least 1 goal, will make it tough for Munich.

Why are they shouting on ITV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Wow at the stadium colours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

A few reasons. Guardiola's set up away from home in Europe has crucial differences to how he sets up in home European games. They will of course be at home which is always an advantage. And I believe they, while Guardiola's tiki taka might be beaten once every so often, to do it twice over the course of a week would take something entirely remarkable.

Madrid only need to draw.

Nevertheless I fancy Bayern. Going by that line-up Pep is reverting to his initial hybrid of Heynckes and his own style. No more pointless tinkering. Plenty of time next season for that. Still think Martinez should be playing.

Also, even if Pep loses, I don't think you can say his style is defunct. Because, well, he rarely loses with it.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Madrid only need to draw.

Not even, once they score a one-goal loss does them.

ITV interrupting my ads with some actual football coverage... Bastards.

• Advertisement

Why are they shouting on ITV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hopefully this lives up to the hype/expectation it can be!

Have a (-7) handicap on Bayern Munich. The corner count that is.

Now that's how you play out from the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Terrible effort from Bale.

• Advertisement

****sake Bale! Actually a sitter.

Awful decision from Neuer, Bale should have done better.

Can't believe Pepe didn't go down when Ribery kicked the ball at him.

Should that not be a red for Ribery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Pedo

Neuer really does live on the edge. He never seems that far away from ****ing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Madrid are working so hard right now, very similar to last week.
    With 4-4-2, I expect Muller to get space for himself, unless someone man marks him, maybe alonso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

****sake Bale! Actually a sitter.

Wouldn't say a bouncing ball from near 30 yards is a sitter.

Well done Lawrenson, don't mention Mandzukic coming in too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Pepe is always looking to start something stupid.

Real will score tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement