Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid (Second Leg) (Allianz Arena) KO: 7:45PM (ITV1 + TV3)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Oh no!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

ouch, What is the biggest winning margin in a Semi final of a Champions league it might just be beaten tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

What on earth are Bayern at??????

Pep's Barca couldn't defend set pieces either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The Champions League Master as a player and a coach showing the young pretender how to get things done in this competition.

I think Carlito is the most under rated and under respected coach in world football, he's been at the top of the European game for the last 15 years and constantly performing in the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Awful defending.

Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

ramos... the villian of most football matches but my god Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Game over

Set pieces may not be Bayern's forte.

You mean they aren't Pep's forte. Barca couldn't defend them either. Granted they lacked height but there is NO excuse for Bayern being so poor at them.

Tika-taka is a redundant tactic at the very highest level imo. The best teams have figured it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Game over already!

Neuer and all has lost the head, great stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Pep's style of football has been found out tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Pep's philosophy obviously doesn't cover defending set pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pep kinda destroys defences doesnt he

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Neuer is a dodgy top keeper isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

That's what you get for donning a polo neck.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Lovely.

Madrid/Ancelotti should have Chelsea's number if the unthinkable happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Genuinely could not be happier for Guardiola right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

More, we want more. The world needs to understand that this bull**** football can be defeated when it counts.

You seem to be very angry at Pep. Why???
    And just cause you hate it doesnt mean it bullsh1t. Look at the trophies. Look at 2008-2012.

• Advertisement

So Bayern need four?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Is it safe to now say that Heyneckes' Bayern were better than Pep's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Dream start for Madrid! Ramos on a hat-trick now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Seaneh wrote: »
    The Champions League Master as a player and a coach showing the young pretender how to get things done in this competition.

I think Carlito is the most under rated and under respected coach in world football, he's been at the top of the European game for the last 15 years and constantly performing in the CL.

Because he is a classy and reserved individual who isn't tied to an extreme footballing philosophy. Totally agree with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Surely then can get Heynckes to the stadium for half time and salvage this

Fudge You wrote: »
    And just cause you hate it doesnt mean it bullsh1t. Look at the trophies. Look at 2008-2012.

The very top teams have it sussed now imo. It's still a good tactic vs weaker sides but Atleti, Bayern last year, Inter, Chelsea all defeated it.

And I know it was only the Confederates cup but Brazil exposed it against Spain too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Somewhere in warmer climes, Heyneckes sits with cigar in mouth and cocktail in his left hand with a grin on his face.

:pac:

Fudge You wrote: »

I hate his style of football. It has thankfully been figured out too. Heynckes had them playing a truly admirable style imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

More, we want more. The world needs to understand that this bull**** football can be defeated when it counts.

Ever make a call in to BBC 5 Live?

Is it safe to now say that Heyneckes' Bayern were better than Pep's?

Be interesting to hear what Der Kaiser has to say after this is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Seaneh wrote: »

I would never have agreed with this until I read Mitch's posts about Carlo the last couple of days, it seems in some sections he really isnt held that highly.

As I have said from the outset, he would be my number 1 choice for United manager, don't think it will ever happen, but I would love him. His tactics tonight and how he set the team up are brilliant

I ttuly hate what Guardiola has done to Bayern and the sooner this **** ends the better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I would have liked Pep to beat Mourinho in a final but really do prefer Real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Delighted to see Bayern get knocked out they have to be the most arrogant bunch of players to ever grace a football pitch.

A Chelsea Madrid final would be to Mourinhos liking....... If Chelsea get their of course. Altho an all Madrid final would be a good one.

Two teams from the one city would be a first for the CL.

Because he is a classy and reserved individual who isn't tied to an extreme footballing philosophy. Totally agree with you.

His tactics adapt to suit the player base and the situation, he's not dogmatic about a single "philosophy" to the point where he shoehorns unsuited players into a "system" which doesn't suit them.

In the decade his Milan team dominated the CL they played 3-4-3, 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 5-3-2, 4-3-2-1, 4-3-1-2 and a handful of other formations depending on the opposition, the players available and so on.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Once you've gone Alonso in your side you've a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Real Madrid making the impossible appear possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

ouch, What is the biggest winning margin in a Semi final of a Champions league it might just be beaten tonight.

Last year I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

kryogen wrote: »
    I would never have agreed with this until I read Mitch's posts about Carlo the last couple of days, it seems in some sections he really isnt held that highly.

As I have said from the outset, he would be my number 1 choice for United manager, don't think it will ever happen, but I would love him. His tactics tonight and how he set the team up are brilliant

I ttuly hate what Guardiola has done to Bayern and the sooner this **** ends the better

Link to said post? I missed it? pm me if you don't want to take this off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Even Moyesie would've been more competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Bad miss from Ronaldo, expected him to bury it.

By the way, if you don't want Chelsea to win the competition, this is the result you wanted...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I think RM more likely to score next too.

Hilarious pull back.

Real can counter attack at will for the next 63 minutes.

Can Real please win the CL and then have a classic Real moment and sack Carlito and then Milan take him home please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Benzema the weak line for R.Madrid so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Can see plenty more goals here for RM if they go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

I hate his style of football. It has thankfully been figured out too. Heynckes had them playing a truly admirable style imo.

But I wonder did you ever admire Jupp's stlye before last season. I doubt you did. You just need any chance to hate Pep.
    Maybe it has been figured out, but he still is a class coach. Many people still forget his treble in 2008.

A Madrid derby or Mourinhio facing his old club :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Man U would be fools not to go after Ancelotti. I was sickened when the Roman sacked him from Chelsea.

Advertisement