Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid (Second Leg) (Allianz Arena) KO: 7:45PM (ITV1 + TV3)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Watching on ITV

Tap tap tap tap tap tap tap going on in the back ground

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Oh okay, Guardiolaball still works, it's just that Barcelona forgot how to defend after 2011 and Bayern forgot same in the space of a year. And Span didn't fancy the Confederations Cup. Got it.

Have you considered the concept of time? You know, time goes by, age, wear and tear and all that. Perhaps the purveyors of the beautiful game are a little older and have lost a step? Perhaps it isn't the philosophy but the purveyors of the philosophy that could need to be changed eventually. Also perhaps the problem with Bayern at the moment is that it is difficult to beat the best sides with a style of football that you have been endeavoring to learn for less than a year that has taken others their lifetime up to now to learn it. I suppose you don't ask the question "why" a lot, do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Love him or hate him ..Pepe is an immense CB.

MOTM for me tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I said last week that Barca 2008-2011 was lightning in a bottle, you had great players, one of the greatest player of all time in Messi. Iniesta in his prime, Xavi in his prime, Alves, Puyol etc. Pique's form was still good.

Something thats overlooked though is that Barca side had a solid spine. You had Puyol at his peak, under-rated players like Abidal and Keita(Keita played every single away leg in the CL for many years, good reason for that) that gave them solidity and some steel. They haven't been adequately replaced either.

When they defeated Real 5-0 in 2010 that was as close to football perfection as I have ever seen. It's simply not something that can be replicated. Opposition teams have become better at countering it, players have gotten older etc etc.

Pep's issue is a refusal to adapt. Inter beat them, Chelsea beat them, Bayern did it and now Real have(and did in 2012 too).

He needs to learn from this and vary his style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

RONALDO!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

lol

Teehee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Love that sort of free kick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Have you considered the concept of time? You know, time goes by, age, wear and tear and all that. Perhaps the purveyors of the beautiful game are a little older and have lost a step? Perhaps it isn't the philosophy but the purveyors of the philosophy that could need to be changed eventually. Also perhaps the problem with Bayern at the moment is that it is difficult to beat the best sides with a style of football that you have been endeavoring to learn for less than a year that has taken others their lifetime up to now to learn it. I suppose you don't ask the question "why" a lot, do you?

I was gonna reply to this but Ronaldo just did that instead

GET THE **** IN THERE !

So clever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That's a fairly beautiful statement from someone failing to ask "why" a coach would try and change the tactical approach of the treble winners from last season, lol.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Massacre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Boom

How many free kicks blasted over the bar before he tried that cheeky one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Delightful result.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Jesus, that's something else from Ronaldo.

The cherry on top.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

What a player,what a man. He is just a joy to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'm so so so soooo happy :)

Especially for Neuer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Genius Ronaldo, ye jump and I'll put it under.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

"He's meant that".
    You don't say Townsend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Watching on ITV

Tap tap tap tap tap tap tap going on in the back ground

Bloody Greta Garbo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

As a United fan, if both managers were available, I wouldn't have Guardiola near the club ever. Tika-taka is boring to watch. Give me the excitement of Real tonight, or United of old, over this pass pass pass repeat any day. Luckily for Guardiola, he's young and has time to adapt his style, and he will really have to. You don't win a game on the possession stats. Bayern have dominated possession tonight and are 4-0 down. Real have created all of the chances and have been truly clinical. That, to me, is exciting football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Ronaldo=Barca Killer

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Carlos-Ancelotti.jpg

Who's next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Great result

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    As a United fan, if both managers were available, I wouldn't have Guardiola near the club ever. Tika-taka is boring to watch. Give me the excitement of Real tonight, or United of old, over this pass pass pass repeat any day. Luckily for Guardiola, he's young and has time to adapt his style, and he will really have to. You don't win a game on the possession stats. Bayern have dominated possession tonight and are 4-0 down. Real have created all of the chances and have been truly clinical. That, to me, is exciting football.

Spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Style was irrelevant when they went two nil down, which had little to do with style and everything to do with defending like mongs. Shame really, because this could've been a really interesting clash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Montroseee wrote: »
    Ronaldo=Barca Killer

Barca were not playing tonight. It was bayern Munich against Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm sure they'd prefer to manage a top 4 team anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

That is what you call a hiding!

Unheard of for Bayern to lose at the Allianz let alone get absolutely bitchslapped off the pitch.

Out classed, out though and out fought

Congrats Madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Come on Athletico.Would love to see a all Madrid final.

How much longer is AIG going to defend the indefensible?

The signs have been there for 2-3 years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

You would be lucky to get ian dowie never mind pep

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

in 37 years of European Cup it was defended 13 times. in 22 years of CL it's been defended 0 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Their defence was found out tonight, and funnily enough the often ridiculed Madrid defence looked very strong.

Leaving the tiki taka debate to one side for a moment i will say that Bayern looked vulnerable against both ourselves and Man United this season. And then there was the lucky win over Chelsea in the supercup.

Unlike last year i was less then convinced with them. Last year they went straight for the throat. In all fairness the likes of Toni Kroos should be starting every game but it would seem he is not a Guardiola type of player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    That's a fairly beautiful statement from someone failing to ask "why" a coach would try and change the tactical approach of the treble winners from last season, lol.

Why do Bayern want to change the style? Afterall everyone knows what Pep is about.

His team were poor tonight, they didn't do it in Madrid, transferring that trademark style to a different club, to a different culture is obviously not easy. It may take time, you'd imagine a manager as brilliant as Pep has learnt a lot about his players and what this squad needs next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

A bitter taste of defeat before heading in to the World Cup where expectations are high for the German players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Pep has learnt a lot about his players and what this squad needs next season.

Jupp Heynckes would be nice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Lofty123

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Great free kick by Ronaldo near the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Very entertaining game that.

Why do Bayern want to change the style? Afterall everyone knows what Pep is about.

His team were poor tonight, they didn't do it in Madrid, transferring that trademark style to a different club, to a different culture is obviously not easy. It may take time, you'd imagine a manager as brilliant as Pep has learnt a lot about his players and what this squad needs next season.

Not playing Javi Martinez was absurd for a start. He's just the player you want in a game like this.

It might be a good idea to learn how to organise a defence too. It was Barca's main weakness and again tonight it's been exposed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Slightly OT but did some call the Ajax team of the 70s the original tika taka team? That's an insult to them. It was called "total football" where they do try to pass the ball as much as possible(yes believe it or not that is not exclusive to tika taka) and interchanged positions but played with a purpose and variance that had a cutting edge and wasn't passing just for the sake of it.

A bit galling that some on here think that the passing game is exclusive to tika taka. It's not. It's just passing taken to the extreme IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A massacre, a rout. La Decima is on. The Los Merengues give an exhibition of clincial, powerful football that puts Guardiolaball to the sword. Led by the genius from the small island of Madeira, and helped along the way by two goals from Ramos, a man central to Spain's all conquering side that have won three major international tournaments on the trot. All bow to Ancelotti and his tactical genius. Hala Madrid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Fudge You wrote: »
    Barca were not playing tonight. It was bayern Munich against Madrid

He's killing the tika taka footballing philsophy that originated at Barca and has now been wrongly thrust upon a side it shouldn't.

• Advertisement

What they need is their manager from last season tbh.

Advertisement