Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parks in Orlando 2014

Options
  • 29-04-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Does anyone know which parks are good at the moment in Orlando, we are staying on International Drive with a 12 and 2 year old and ideally we'd head to parks that will have stuff for both.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Cant go wrong with universial studios(both parks islands of adventure and the studios) sea world is brilliant. They're great for all ages also.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

The two-year-old is not going to remember it for long, and will get tired quickly, so I'd concentrate more on the twelve-year-old if I were you. Having said that, most of the parks are great for all ages. Magic Kingdom will have a lot for the little one, Animal Kingdom is great for both.

I don't know how long you're staying, but there are a lot of places to visit. We were there for five days with our seven-year-old and did nothing but Disney and Sea World, and she was exhausted by day 5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

The two-year-old is not going to remember it for long, and will get tired quickly, so I'd concentrate more on the twelve-year-old if I were you. Having said that, most of the parks are great for all ages. Magic Kingdom will have a lot for the little one, Animal Kingdom is great for both.

Yeah, I think you're right about focusing on the older lad, the small one is happy with anything really.
    I don't know how long you're staying, but there are a lot of places to visit. We were there for five days with our seven-year-old and did nothing but Disney and Sea World, and she was exhausted by day 5 :)

Staying in Orlando for 7 days and down to St Pete's for another 7.

Cork Skate wrote: »
    Yeah, I think you're right about focusing on the older lad, the small one is happy with anything really.

Staying in Orlando for 7 days and down to St Pete's for another 7.
    you can get an orlando flexi ticket which covers entry into all the parks except disney or the flexi ticket plus which gives entrance to busch gardens in tamapa with free bus transport. i got it the two twimes i went to orlando.

you can get an orlando flexi ticket which covers entry into all the parks except disney or the flexi ticket plus which gives entrance to busch gardens in tamapa with free bus transport. i got it the two twimes i went to orlando.

How much were those tickets can you remember? Were they for a week or something?

What's the deal with fast-passes? Just once you're in see what you want or are there some parks where you are best getting them beforehand?

• Advertisement

How much were those tickets can you remember? Were they for a week or something?

What's the deal with fast-passes? Just once you're in see what you want or are there some parks where you are best getting them beforehand?

from memory i think it was 230 euro or there abouts, was a 2 week ticket.

Fast passes are useful in the busy summer season in the theme parks, most rides have a 10-20 minute line (if you say queue over there you'll get odd looks) but in peak times the wait time for the better rides could be 60 mins +++ so a fast past would be a good but pricey investment, personally i didn't bother with one either time i went. part of the orlando experience is getting heat stroke while waiting in line:D

We got them for Disney, and the best way to use them is to go to the most popular rides first thing in the morning and use the Fast pass to get a set return time later in the day.

That saves waiting in line and allows you to see more for your money.

Even with fast pass, there were a couple of things we never got to, as all the fast pass times were reserved by the time we tried to use it.

If you're looking to maximize time and money, check out message boards like this one - http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

They really have a lot of good info, although some of the people are a bit maniacal.

Some great info there folks, keep it coming !!
    They really have a lot of good info, although some of the people are a bit maniacal.

Maniacal, sheeze ... does that mean they'll be over there as well so? :P

Can i ask, were you there recently enough?

Some great info there folks, keep it coming !!

Maniacal, sheeze ... does that mean they'll be over there as well so? :P

Can i ask, were you there recently enough?

We were there two years ago. I have a friend who takes his family there four times a year, so if you need to know anything specific I can ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dolgirl

We went last year and bought the universal 2 park ticket from touramerica. Have to say it was fantastic value at €142 each. It covered entry to both parks for 14 consecutive days. Going there after 6pm is well worth it. The car parking is much cheaper and as you are arriving most of the people are leaving. Queues are very short, weather is cooler and city walk is lovely in the evening. 12yr son loved that he could go on Harry Potter ride again and again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

As previously stated, the 2 yr old wont remember much so concentrate on the 12 yr old. I was there 11 years ago when i was 13 and the parks that interested me was:
    Universal Studios
    Islands of Adventure
    Seaworld
    Busch Gardens (1 hour away on a bus but the best park IMO)
    Wet N Wild

Disney:
    Magic Kingdom
    Animal Kingdom
    Hollywood Studios
    Epcot (Worst park I went to)
    Typhoon Lagoon
    Blizzard Beach

I was there last October also and did the same parks again minus the last 3 on the Disney list. I'm going again this October and we're planning to only do Magic Kingdom in Disney and the previous 5 parks. If you need any more info dont hesitate in dropping me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Fast pass in Disney has changed. You can now book them 60 days in advance or 30 days if off site. There are also kiosks in the parks and you can use on the day. See the dibb for most comprehensive guide to them. http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Disney-FastPass-Plus-FastPass--p-1042.html

Any specific question ask away. We have been a few times and going again in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I recommend gatorland , it's pretty cheap to get into, and has zip lines and stuff that your 12 year old would probably enjoy.

Sea world is ok, even if it is kind of sad seeing all of the marine mammals out of their natural habitat. I think you can get a deal with Aquatica the water park on tickets, which is pretty decent as far as water parks go. Bring snacks to both places!! And go early to seaworld!

Kissimmee have a rodeo some weekend nights, a bit different and no doubt very Christian vibe!! There is another ranch called westgate ranch nearby.

Advertisement