Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for 78 locations in Donegal announced

Options
  • 29-04-2014 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Taken from a local newspaper's website.
    It sounds promising but I think we'll be waiting!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I see Ballindrait on there which already has good enough broadband. No mention of St Johnston where the exchange still hasn't been updated. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Believe it or not we were promised much the same thing just over 7 years as discussed here at the time.

Most if not all the villages and local areas mentioned in today's announcement were to have been included in that grand €750,000 proposal back in 2007 yet I am led to believe that less than 25% of the county was covered despite the promise of 95% coverage. The appointed contractors were paid in full for providing less than a third of agreed or anticipated coverage.

......oh wait, who was in government at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

Just noticed Inishtrahull on the list of locations for Broadband, they must be going to re-inhabit the Island, am sure they are out there fitting water meters too !!

Advertisement