Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This weeks victim....Izoard

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Hello again. :)

Just a few more questions for you....

Generally speaking, do you like things to be planned out in advance, or do you prefer spontaneity?

How would you describe yourself on the dance floor in 5 words or less?

If I hopped in your car right now, what would be playing on the radio or DVD?

I believe you have raised a dog or two for the blind (I applaud you!)...how hard was it to let them go after caring for them and loving them for a year or more? And have you been in touch with their new owners?

Regarding triathlon/running/athletics in general, is there anything endurance-wise you wouldn't attempt?

Have you ever had a DNF by your name after a race? If so, which one and why?

If you were one of us SBR hoochies, which male boards tri guy would you most want to date and why?

GI Joe or Ken, which one do you think you have the most in common with?

Dory, you are like Columbo..."just one more thing..."

Generally speaking, do you like things to be planned out in advance, or do you prefer spontaneity?

My life is ruled by planning, so I LOVE spontaneous events....

How would you describe yourself on the dance floor in 5 words or less?

Comfortable in my own skin....

If I hopped in your car right now, what would be playing on the radio or DVD?

Kings of Leon (mine), Pink (Mrs. I), recent Florida mash up (Kids) - Jason Derulo/Katy Perry/ John Legend - US radio, still goes with heavy rotation...

I believe you have raised a dog or two for the blind (I applaud you!)...how hard was it to let them go after caring for them and loving them for a year or more? And have you been in touch with their new owners?

We've done two - the first has come back to us, as she didn't make it - was totally stressed out in the formal training environment (personally, I think it was a cunning ruse on her behalf...), but is a stellar family pet.
    The second made it as an assistance dog, for an autistic child - perfect for her personality (the dog, rather than the child....). There is a huge demand for the assistance dogs, these days..

We were always worried that the kids would be devastated when the dogs left for their working life, but the conversation went something like this;

" Kids, the time has come to say goodbye to XYZ - she's going to a higher purpose, blah, blah..."
    " OK...can we get a puppy, can we get a puppy, can we get a puppy, etc..."

In addition to the original foster dog, we also have an English Bulldog...

Regarding triathlon/running/athletics in general, is there anything endurance-wise you wouldn't attempt?

Not really - to finish, most endurance stuff, is in the head.

Have you ever had a DNF by your name after a race? If so, which one and why?

Only once - I never DNF, so this was major heartbreak.
    L'Etape du Tour 2006, Gap to L'Alpe d'Huez. Was broom wagoned 4km from the finish (192km out of 196km). Absolutely gutted, but was beyond help, when the end came.
    Probably why the Alpe d'Huez LD tri remains top of my bucket list, but will only attempt it when I'm fully in the mood.

If you were one of us SBR hoochies, which male boards tri guy would you most want to date and why?

Great question. I'd have a few for starters...

tunney - could he be really that grumpy in real life?
    Kurt - exploding his mathematical brain, with my half-arsed "training" stories
    RQ - she might not be for turning, but just to ask her,
    a) WTF do you support Leeds?, and b) why can't you call yourself a triathlete?

GI Joe or Ken, which one do you think you have the most in common with?

I don't have the hair for Ken, so it has to be GI Joe...

Which hoochie would you wanna date and why?
    How do you like your eggs?
    Make up your own triathlon disciplines, order and distances?
    AG trophy or cheque?
    What rugby position did you play and best match experience?

Which hoochie would you wanna date and why?

Each are alluring in their own right, but these are the first date questions..

Dory - what is the connection to Boards.ie, when you have Slowtwitch or similar in the homeland?
    Oryx - what is with the mud fetish?
    RQ - When are you going to give up the hairy-legged running nonsense and move to tri, full time?

How do you like your eggs?
    Currently, in a Benedict phase - loving it...

Make up your own triathlon disciplines, order and distances?

Actually, would love to do an IM in reverse - I think it would be great to look forward to a swim than a marathon at the end!

AG trophy or cheque?

I've won the "Male 40-44 Left handers from Rathfarnham AG" category more times than I'd care to recall, so probably the cash..

What rugby position did you play and best match experience?

I've had a varied experience through the age groups..

U12 Prop
    U 13 2nd Row
    JCT No.8
    SCT and beyond Full Back

JCT/SCT were great fun, and it carried on to McCorry Cup (u19, now U20) at club level.
    The biggest "experience", was when the McCorry Cup was over, and you were thrown into the J3s, with a bunch of 30 year-olds, who wanted nothing better than to kick the living daylights out of the 18 year old, with the cool hair cut.
    I remember looking around at my first J3 match (away - Clondalkin), wondering where all the girls had gone...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

One last question from me, apparently commonly being asked in job interviews.

Imagine you are standing naked in a shop window holding a sign. There is one word written on the sign. What is it?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

MrCreosote wrote: »

Imagine you are standing naked in a shop window holding a sign. There is one word written on the sign. What is it?
    Im sorry Izoard, to jump in here, but this made me giggle, because the first word I thought of was Free.

free-willy-dvd-cover-15.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

Hi Izoard,

what advice would you give to someone doing there 1st IM?
    A work colleague of mine is cycling Alpe D'Huez next week, what would you advise to get through it?
    if any of your kids were to earn a crust from sport, what sport would you like that to be? and are any of the smallies showing signs of sporting ability?

• Advertisement

MrCreosote wrote: »

Jaysus..what is that going to tell you about a candidate??

One Word? Amazeballs....- the most over used word, chez Izoard.

Pmaldini wrote: »
    Hi Izoard,

A work colleague of mine is cycling Alpe D'Huez next week, what would you advise to get through it?
    if any of your kids were to earn a crust from sport, what sport would you like that to be? and are any of the smallies showing signs of sporting ability?

Hey PM,

Keep it simple - you can quickly get lost in plans, equipment etc., but if you can do the legs individually, you will easily finish, barring injury.

Also, don't be intimidated by the tanned, skinny Euros at the start line:)

I was broken by the time I got to the foot of the climb, but even still, I couldn't get over the steepness of the first couple of ramps. You can easily blow up on the first couple of turns, completely wrecking the experience.

if any of your kids were to earn a crust from sport, what sport would you like that to be? and are any of the smallies showing signs of sporting ability

If I could bottle the enthusiasm of the youngest (boy) and re-distribute to the older ones (girls), we'd be in great shape.
    The girls have shown some talent for running and basketball, but getting enthused is a different story. The youngest, will play anything - trying to find a sport he doesn't like.

I know one or 2 people who are/have been talented enough to consider doing a sport as a job, but it is a very tough existence - not sure I'd want it for any of my brood.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Hey, hey....just one more thing... ;)

If you were single and looking for a mate, how would your self-written singles ad read?

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Hey, hey....just one more thing... ;)

If you were single and looking for a mate, how would your self-written singles ad read?

SWM with GSOH WLTM SWF for FTA and LTR:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Izoard wrote: »
    SWM with GSOH WLTM SWF for FTA and LTR:)

Best answer ever!! ;)

• Advertisement

I think my week of torture is up - the Mod Gods have decreed that we'll park this as we enter race season, so the rest of you are off the hook....for now.

Advertisement