Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain name purchased elsewhere, can I host on Blacknight?

• 29-04-2014 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

There is a domain name I want to purchase, which is available on GoDaddy, but this particular new domain extension is not available yet to purchase on Blacknight. 

I have hosting with Blacknight. 

How would I go about hosting this domain on Blacknight when the domain is purchased elsewhere? 

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Hi

You can simply add the domain name to your hosting account with us. If you run into any issues please let our technical support team know

We hope to be able to offer new TLDs soon, but are currently embroiled in a legal discussion with ICANN. See http://blog.blacknight.com/dear-icann-hands-tied-makes-sad.html

HTH

Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

I got it sorted in the end thanks..handy enough.

This legal battle of yours...very interesting..is it one that can be won against the might of ICANN? Does every hosting provider in Europe not have to go with it?
    Blacknight wrote: »
    We hope to be able to offer new TLDs soon, but are currently embroiled in a legal discussion with ICANN. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

NZ_2014 wrote: »
    I got it sorted in the end thanks..handy enough.

This legal battle of yours...very interesting..is it one that can be won against the might of ICANN? Does every hosting provider in Europe not have to go with it?
    Blacknight wrote: »
    We hope to be able to offer new TLDs soon, but are currently embroiled in a legal discussion with ICANN. 
    Not all companies are ICANN accredited .. a couple of others have also been fighting it.. 

Advertisement