Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of Postal address

Options
  • 29-04-2014 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Dear BOI,
    I have moved address - so need to change it just in case bank will send me postal communication.
    As from my home banking there is only the chance to change for the deposit account (which is inactive anyway) but not for the current account itself, I see I should send a form via normal post, is there any quicker way to do it? thanks and regards!
    Paola

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi paola

Thank you for contacting Bank of Ireland.

It is possible to change the address via Online Service Desk when logged into your account online, once you have registered your mobile number. The exception would be, if it is a joint current account you have with us.

As both signatures are required, the form will be necessary in this case.

This form can be posted to your account holding branch or handed into a nearby branch. This link here may also help

Just to add, if you would like to check if the deposit account is indeed inactive on our banking system, you can call Bank of Ireland 365 and a representative can confirm if this is the case. For an inactive account, it is generally a requirement to submit additional identification to your branch if you wish the account to be reinstated for you.

Our contact numbers are 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000.

Representatives are available Monday-Friday 8am-12 midnight, Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holidays 9am-6pm.

If you have further questions, please ask. We're happy to help.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 3 paola_79

paola_79 wrote: »
    Dear BOI,
    I have moved address - so need to change it just in case bank will send me postal communication.
    As from my home banking there is only the chance to change for the deposit account (which is inactive anyway) but not for the current account itself, I see I should send a form via normal post, is there any quicker way to do it? thanks and regards!
    Paola
    Thanks for the detailed explanation, I will follow your advice! Best Regards!

Advertisement