Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Ban Issues

Options
  • 29-04-2014 11:45am

Hi there,

Looking for clarification on a couple of issues in relation to a subsequent ban I received for trolling. I am particularly questioning what I believe was an unbalanced level of moderation shown towards me.

Thanx 4 The Fish was very quick to impose a warning and subsequent ban but I replied immediately and it's been 24 hours with no response.

I want some clarification on the below and for someone to review the few thread pages where I was attempting to discuss my actual opinions on the match but I was essentially baited into a response of frustration yet from what what I believe (I can no longer read what happened in the thread) there have been no warnings issued to the individuals in question who were just as guilty.

Thank You. Below are both PM's to the moderator.

Re: You have received a warning
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    Dear M!Ck^,

You have been warned for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

Thanx 4 The Fish

Moderator Note

Trolling be it of a user or a group is in breach of the charter.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by M!Ck^ View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Knex. View Post
    Well, often times the alphabet is used in scenarios like this as a form of ranking. So, if we take Plan A to be Number 1, or the first plan, then, extrapolating this logic, Plan B and Plan C would be the second and third preferred game plan, respectively.
    Ask Greyditch for some Lemons he's got plenty
    Can you please detail and distinguish what you essentially believe was me trolling somebody else and the differences of the posts aimed towards me?
    Thank You.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Firstly I am looking at your card and am not going to comment on other posters in the thread. I will say though that you seemed to move from the Liverpool v Chelsea match thread to the Liverpool superthread on Sunday and since then a large number of your posts have been reported for trolling by a number of different posters. Basically you seem to have decided you wished to continue the match discussion within the superthread and there is plenty of evidence of your attempts to wind up Liverpool supporters after the match

A few examples (as you are banned you will have to log-out to see the links):
    here, here and here - pictures and gif that anyone would realise could only wind Liverpool fans up within the superthread particularly as you added no discussion

Then this:
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It was how you have approached essentially every game this season, all out attack. Eventually somebody would set-up to stifle you and Mourihno did this successfully.

Rodgers slipped up in this regard pacman.gif
    Oh that felt good mwuhaha
    this:
    Why because you were not expecting the slip up jokes on a Monday morning. Get real and suck it up
    and your initial dig at Liverpool fans implying they were being "bitter":
    Not expecting any Liverpool fan to find it funny that's the point, how much lemon did you bite into this morning?
    Eventually the mods carded you for this one:
    Ask Greyditch for some Lemons he's got plenty

That's out and out baiting of Liverpool fans in the Superthread and tbh you were very lucky only to get one yellow card for trolling the thread continually

You were also lucky that the mod only imposed a 1 week ban when the charter provides for 2 weeks after your third yellow card of the season.

Anyway I can see absolutely no basis for overturning the yellow card. I'm not going to increase the ban, but would point out that if you pick up another yellow card in the forum this season I would expect the local mods to impose a 1 month ban as specified in the charter for accumulating 4 yellows

You may, of course, ask an Admin to review this decision

• 1: I have no issue with the ban and agree it should stand as I have clearly stated this already in my previous post but it was in retaliation to the obvious.

2: If you felt that you should have imposed cards there and then for posting gifs then why did you not do it in the first place. Big deal if I posted gifs about a match incident I.E. Gearard slipping I.E. this happened in the match, unless I'm reading the charter incorrectly there's no ownership over a match day thread, just because a Liverpool fan decides to report it because it bothered them doesn't mean nobody else that is not a Liverpool fan won't.

3: What I want clarification on which you have not provided is the clear inconsistencies on the Monday morning. As you pointed out this was my first post;

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M!Ck^ View Post
    It was how you have approached essentially every game this season, all out attack. Eventually somebody would set-up to stifle you and Mourihno did this successfully.

Rodgers slipped up in this regard
    Oh that felt good mwuhaha

So it's completely fine in this forum that I deserved the responses I got continuously when I was actually attempting to discuss football and subsequently I retaliated after multiple posts clearly trolling me?

Also you state ' Firstly I am looking at your card and am not going to comment on other posters in the thread.'
    Your not going to comment on other posters, so you feel that no punishment should have been imposed on multiple responses towards me? Just looking for that answer that is all. I can make my judgements on the quality of the moderation from there.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you are not disputing your card you should not have started a thread here.

As I've already indicated this is not the place to discuss the actions of others. This thread is to do with your card and resultant ban.

However before concluding the discussion I would just mention I have already pointed to 6 separate posts of yours within the Liverpool Superthread leading up to your card, and the numerous reports of your posts in the thread. If you go into the Superthread clearly as a fan of another club with the intention of winding up fans who frequent the forum you are of course going to be looked upon harshly by the mods

One further point - this is not the place to complain about other posts or posters. You should report any posts you have problems with. In this case you did not make a single report so please do not complain about inconsistent modding when you failed to do the very simple thing you should do to highlight any issues you have with other posts to the mods

• Beasty wrote: »
    If you are not disputing your card you should not have started a thread here.

As I've already indicated this is not the place to discuss the actions of others. This thread is to do with your card and resultant ban.

However before concluding the discussion I would just mention I have already pointed to 6 separate posts of yours within the Liverpool Superthread leading up to your card, and the numerous reports of your posts in the thread. If you go into the Superthread clearly as a fan of another club with the intention of winding up fans who frequent the forum you are of course going to be looked upon harshly by the mods

One further point - this is not the place to complain about other posts or posters. You should report any posts you have problems with. In this case you did not make a single report so please do not complain about inconsistent modding when you failed to do the very simple thing you should do to highlight any issues you have with other posts to the mods
    Your failing to see the point so you may close this thread. No point in this continuing.

To confirm, reporting of posts is possible once ban has expired? I wish to report a certain number of posts as soon as I get the chance. That was a mistake on my behalf as it's a feature I wouldn't use but I'm sure to be making use of it in the future.

Also, you have made it very easy for me to confirm the level of moderation shown here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement