Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone renting?

• 29-04-2014 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello!

My name is Daniel, I am a student from Romania and if everything goes well in a few months I will come in Ireland, at University of Limerick to study for one year. I have googled a bit the renting offers but as you might know, the ERASMUS grant is not that high and I can't afford most of the offers.

I was wondering if anyone around here is renting something at a lower price... if so, please reply here.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

What kind of price range are you looking at?

The cheapest I've paid is €55 per week... you can probably get cheaper if you have a group of people and are willing to rent a house for a year. Obviously, an Erasmus student is less likely to have a group of people pre-arranged.

Most of the on-campus accommodation is a bit dearer, the off-campus tends to be in the 55-70 range before bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PittBrave

55 - 70 sounds quite good. And could someone please estimate the bills / month for an average dude?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

You could look into living with a host family. I know a few Erasmus students who have done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PittBrave

You could look into living with a host family. I know a few Erasmus students who have done that.

Also not a bad idea. But how could I get in touch with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

http://www.ul.ie/international/en/home/quicklinks/accommodation/

Here is the link to the website of the accommodation office in UL. Get in contact with them. They should be able to help you out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement