Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right Speed?

Options
  • 29-04-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

When my connetion was up and down during the storm my internet speed was reduced by 300kb/ps since it came back my router page states Downstream 2688kbps can a rep please check if I am being sent the full 3mb signal thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    When my connetion was up and down during the storm my internet speed was reduced by 300kb/ps since it came back my router page states Downstream 2688kbps can a rep please check if I am being sent the full 3mb signal thanks

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi ussjtrunks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Tony asked me to chase up the PM you sent him and I've had a good look in to things,[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I see this is synced to 2688kbps - I contacted technical support and asked them to increase it to the full three however I was advised this is physically not possible as this would result in consistent disconnections and signal loss for you.

Technical support advised me and I've seen it myself from the tests I've run that there is internal interference on your line. It may be issues with the way the modem and phone are connected or even possible faulty equipment like splitter or filter. My advice would be to  run a speed test to establish what speed you’re running at and then plug the modem directly to your socket (eliminating any phone connection or splitter) and run the same test. If the speed improves whilst the modem is plugged directly to the socket then that shows the issues are a result of the current set up you have.
     [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]The advice given in this link is pretty helpful in eliminating interference: http://bit.ly/PIBDSK[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Technical support advised me that if the advice in the link does not help then give them a call on 1890260260 or through their new web chat service here: www.eircom.net/about/contact[/font][font=Times New Roman","serif].[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Plugged router into the modem directly and the speed is the same almost no difference, the speed on the line was only slowed down due to it disconnecting, the disconnects were happening simply because the line was almost broken down the road which was later fixed, can you put the speed to 3mb for me to test it for awile, before the storm the line was able to hold 3mb without issue

Plugged router into the modem directly and the speed is the same almost no difference, the speed on the line was only slowed down due to it disconnecting, the disconnects were happening simply because the line was almost broken down the road which was later fixed, can you put the speed to 3mb for me to test it for awile, before the storm the line was able to hold 3mb without issue

Hi ussjtrunks

Technical support usually arrange this however they have advised again that this is impossible to do in your case as the line would not be able to support it based on it's current condition. If you want to give them a call or contact them via webchat feel free to do so it will also help if you mention this correspondence.

Thanks
    Al

Tried contacting support and they tried to tell me it was my router, my router is brand new and this is very unlikely.

They are sending me a new router to see if it solves the issues, If its not the router Im not quite sure whats causing it.

Tried contacting support and they tried to tell me it was my router, my router is brand new and this is very unlikely.

They are sending me a new router to see if it solves the issues, If its not the router Im not quite sure whats causing it.
    Hope it helps ussjtrunks

Apologies for the inconvenience caused

Al

• Advertisement

Installed the Eircom router back to 3mb speeds :) can you recheck my line to see if the interferance is still there will probably return the other router

Installed the Eircom router back to 3mb speeds :) can you recheck my line to see if the interferance is still there will probably return the other router
    Hi ussjtrunks

That's great, Not a sign of interference either :)

Thanks

Al

Advertisement