Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Flight Stop-Over

Options
  • 29-04-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi,
    Wondering if anyone here can help as i cant find the information online. We are travelling through Atlanta to get to Peru next week. We wont be leaving the airport or going through customs or anything, just waiting to board our flight to Lima. Does anyone know what if any visa, or paperwork we might have to complete for this? Cant find any info about lay-overs and the embassy sent me an automated reply when i asked!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

FIFA2004 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Wondering if anyone here can help as i cant find the information online. We are travelling through Atlanta to get to Peru next week. We wont be leaving the airport or going through customs or anything, just waiting to board our flight to Lima. Does anyone know what if any visa, or paperwork we might have to complete for this? Cant find any info about lay-overs and the embassy sent me an automated reply when i asked!

Thanks in advance

You will clear immigration so you will need a visa. ESTA should be fine unless you are not eligible for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

You will need to complete and ESTA online but as far i know that's about it. I went to Toronto via the US last year and once we had the ESTA completed we were fine. Are you departing from Dublin? If you are you will pre-clear CBP and customs in T2 and then you can get your connecting flight once you get to the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIFA2004

Yeah leaving from Dublin. Thanks for the quick replies, will go and do that now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

make sure you use the proper site...https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

there are some sites that will try and fleece you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

make sure you use the proper site...https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

there are some sites that will try and fleece you

I was curious to see how much these sites charge and the first one I clicked on was STG£79.99....!!!!

Does anyone know anyone who's been stung by one of these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

I have heard of cases of pax arriving at CBP in the terminal thinking they have esta approval, and paid for it, and not having it at all. You can't blame it on people as some of these sites look very professional. Now that the US charge a small fee for the esta some people might not think twice about putting in the credit card number now.

Advertisement