Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Portlaoise business gone

Options
  • 29-04-2014 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

I've just seen on Facebook that Gings Homevalue is to cease trading:

https://www.facebook.com/GingsHV?fref=nf

A huge loss to the town I think and another sure sign that this recession is far from over, despite what you hear in the media- outside the Pale it's a different story. I wish the Ging family and their staff all the best for the future.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Hale

Portlaoise
    The dead centre of Ireland does anyone really care lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

[MOD]

Hale: Please don't post inflammatory content likely to insult others and create discord.

[/MOD]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Very little left in Kea Lew Business Park now.
    Am shocked with this news today.Have been shopping at Gings since I was a kid going to Centrepoint.
    When relatively busy businesses close down,it'd make you wonder how the smaller ones are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I think the two big shopping complexes have killed the town to be honest. I don't even know what the point is of having two of them across from each other the way they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Smaller ones are barely getting by.
    D husband is in a small business some people think its goin great from their chit chat
    They are barely keepin heads above water.

Sad about gings thou. It just is out of town in a way and you have b n q there if you need some stuff.
    Especially if you are down that way.doin your shoppin.it seems like a long trek back up to gings especially if you have children and are limited to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I've been in gings a few times recently and the place was empty. Sad to see the cafe go, lovley cup cakes !!

Even the shopping centres are dead a lot of the time, Portlaoise is a very bad town for decent shopping:(

I've been in gings a few times recently and the place was empty. Sad to see the cafe go, lovley cup cakes !!

Even the shopping centres are dead a lot of the time, Portlaoise is a very bad town for decent shopping:(

Cafe open still thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

monflat wrote: »
    Cafe open still thou.

But will it stay open, hard to in a big building like that.

But will it stay open, hard to in a big building like that.

Hard to no thou unless she makes more on occassion cakes etc than actual footfall

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭laois hibby

Big auction at gings next wednesday. Everything going apparently. I heard cafe staying open

• Advertisement

Big auction at gings next wednesday. Everything going apparently. I heard cafe staying open

Yes so I heard do you know if any of the yard materials are in auction im after some plywood

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭laois hibby

monflat wrote: »
    Yes so I heard do you know if any of the yard materials are in auction im after some plywood

As far as i know everything for sale. depends whats left i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Advertisement