Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is vectoring still not enabled on a lot of cabinets?

Options
  • 29-04-2014 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, wondering if you can find out from Wholesale why vectoring is still not enabled in all the cabinets?

Looking at the maps a lot of Ennis for instance is not enabled. The press release last month said it would be enabled everywhere by end of March, it's now end of April and I'm still waiting :'(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Deagol wrote: »
    Hi guys, wondering if you can find out from Wholesale why vectoring is still not enabled in all the cabinets?

Looking at the maps a lot of Ennis for instance is not enabled. The press release last month said it would be enabled everywhere by end of March, it's now end of April and I'm still waiting :'(
    Hi Deagol

I'm aware this would be great to know however unfortunately we would be unable to disclose wholesale information or discus eircom infrastructural planning.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Hi Deagol

I'm aware this would be great to know however unfortunately we would be unable to disclose wholesale information or discus eircom infrastructural planning.

Al
    In fairness, they were shouting it from the rooftops in the press release. Now when someone asks why they haven't stuck with the plan or what's happening no information available.

Slightly hypocritical no?

Hi Deagol

Al
    In fairness, they were shouting it from the rooftops in the press release. Now when someone asks why they haven't stuck with the plan or what's happening no information available.

Appreciate your feelings on this deagol,

The releases were based on a wholesale level and this information is not available I'm afraid.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Yea, I understand. Doesn't make it any less frustrating though.

Thanks for the replies gents.

Hi Deagol

Al

The releases were based on a wholesale level and this information is not available I'm afraid.

Thanks
    Al

Yea, I understand. Doesn't make it any less frustrating though.

Thanks for the replies gents.

Hi Deagol

Al

Thanks
    Al
    Understood Deagol,

I do wish I could offer better news, have a nice day :)

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

I just checked my line there on speedtest, wow - nearly 100% faster than last week (was getting around 39Mb/s)

3469907401.png

I just checked my line there on speedtest, wow - nearly 100% faster than last week (was getting around 39Mb/s)

3469907401.png
    That's good to see jaggiebunnet

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Is there a link to see what exchanges are now vector enabled or do I have to ask?

Is there a link to see what exchanges are now vector enabled or do I have to ask?

Hi cherryghost

There is no link to this as this information is not available. Vectoring offers up to 100MB so if you would like me to pre-qualify a particular number I can pre-qualify it to see if it can qualify for 100MB thus finding out if the connecting cabinet has been vectored.

Fell free to PM me a specific line you would like me to check.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Hi
    Would you be able to check a line for me? What info do you need?

• Advertisement

harr wrote: »
    Hi
    Would you be able to check a line for me? What info do you need?
    Hi harr, Vecotring is for efibre lines only and it basically means upping speeds from 70 to 100MB. If you want to see if efibre is available to your line PM me the number and I'll check for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement