Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buggy for a 4 year old on holiday?

Options
  • 29-04-2014 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I was hoping I could get some feedback on a small dilemma. We are heading away to the sun shortly with our 4 year old. to-date we've always taken the buggy with us on holidays(about the only time we use it really). But seeing as she is now 4 and very active, I wonder if its a bit unnecessary? We don't tend to be out very late, so she wouldn't really sleep in it. However it does speed up the walk to the shops or beach etc. Its handy too to sling bags on lol!!
    We then were wondering if we should consider taking her scooter instead. She is a whiz on it, and could zoom along on it, tough I imagine it could be dangerous if on roadsides etc. Don't know if we would have room in our bags for it, weight wise...
    What have other people done, I am sure this crops up all the time!
    thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

My oldest is 4 and i would still bring a light stroller for him if i wasn't already bringing one for my younger child. We brought a double buggy last year when he was 3yrs and it was a god send, i won't bring a double this year but i will expect the older child to go in the buggy sometimes while the younger one walks or is on his dad's shoulders. Keep in mind the heat can be very tiring combined with long days, swimming, running, jumping and so on. And you've said yourself that even if the 4yr old doesn't use it much, it's not much extra hassle as you can use it to throw bags in and so on.

Advertisement