Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ak motor

• 29-04-2014 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

hi there ppl just a quick question would an1 have any idea how to assemble an ak spetz motor cage as i got a new high speed motor and it wont turn the gearbox (i know a bit of a noob question just it my first time tryin it lol )

any help greatly accepted

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

shabba87 wrote: »
    hi there ppl just a quick question would an1 have any idea how to assemble an ak spetz motor cage as i got a new high speed motor and it wont turn the gearbox (i know a bit of a noob question just it my first time tryin it lol )

any help greatly accepted

Bit confused about your question.

Why are you looking to assemble it if you already have a hi torque in there? Do you mean take it apart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭shabba87

sorry it just i took out the original motor and put in a brand new high speed and it wont pull the gears

have i it put back in wrong ????

sorry it just i took out the original motor and put in a brand new high speed and it wont pull the gears

have i it put back in wrong ????

first thing to do is check if the motor is dead. Take out the gearbox again and take out the motor, hold the motor in your hand, connect the wires to the motor, connect a battery and pull the trigger.

I suggest you take the spring off the motor first though, i nearly lost an eye the other day, not even messing.

Also hold the motor tightly, they kick a bit, especially hi torque ones. If it spins when it's in your hand it's fine and there's a problems somewhere else.

Next make you have the motor height right, then make sure the battery is charged. Also did you connect the wires back onto the motor correctly? They go on a certain way. black wire to negative end and red to positive.

Finally when you say it;s not pulling the gears, what do you mean? is the motor spinning and making a whining or grinding noise? or is trying to turn or does it make no noise at all?

Post back after you try all them :)

ya i have all that done already ... were does that spring go in actually???

ya i have all that done already ... were does that spring go in actually???

hmm odd, have you tried to original motor again? the motor spring? goes around the shaft off the motor. it allows you to change the motor height better, otherwise the motor would fall into or out of the gearbox depending on what way you hold the rifle, so kind of important :)

• Advertisement

i have it kind a goin there it works grand for a bit then it like it locks the box up into safety and it fairly burning the wires on it ???

i have it kind a goin there it works grand for a bit then it like it locks the box up into safety and it fairly burning the wires on it ???

if you mean the wires are starting to smell like they're burning than there may be a problem with your wiring or the motor is drawing to much power from your battery.

As for the locking up issue. It could be a pre-engagement issue. This happens when the motor spins too fast for the spring. So basically the motor spins the gears inside the gearbox quicker than the spring can reset the piston etc. This causes the gears to pick up the piston mid cycle and can cause lock ups. What's your rifle firing at? and what kind of motor is it?

Also have you tried the normal motor since?

im using a 9.6 1600 vp racing battery it s fine with the normal motor inside it no problem ... the new motor is a classic army super high speed and it does all this wen it is put in it firing normally at 315fps and 13 rps everythin is standard except deans connections put on

im using a 9.6 1600 vp racing battery it s fine with the normal motor inside it no problem ... the new motor is a classic army super high speed and it does all this wen it is put in it firing normally at 315fps and 13 rps everythin is standard except deans connections put on

Sounds like the motor is drawing too much power so and may be causing the pre-engagement issue i mentioned above. It could be a few other things but not that i can think of off the top of my head.

Maybe someone else will come along and shed some light on it but i'd say it's the motor being too hi torque. Where did you get it?

i bought it off a mate who got it for his but never installed it thanks for your help ill let u know wat happens :)

• Advertisement

i bought it off a mate who got it for his but never installed it thanks for your help ill let u know wat happens :)

think it may have been designed for limits far higher than our 1J limit :/ stronger springs need stronger motors to pull them. But putting too strong of a motor in a 100MS gearbox set up, well it can cause problems.

Let me know if you get it fixed or have any more questions :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,748 ✭✭✭DeBurca

What you need to check is ................ O sorry

very funny kevin

DeBurca wrote: »
    What you need to check is ................ O sorry

i miss something? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

I got a classic army high torque motor(long type) before i put it into the gun and got the same result as u.After dropping the height adjustment screw and the base plate screws a few turns it worked fine.Reason for this is it was about 4mm longer than the standard long type for some reason.I gamed it for 1 day and it killed my battery after 2 games so it went to the bin.If i were u i'd do the same and get a different one and say all the hassle.

brenak47 wrote: »
    I gamed it for 1 day and it killed my battery after 2 games

May explain his wiring heating up too.

Advertisement