Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE and Java

Options
  • 29-04-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

The fact that BOI-BOL only works with IE and Java is simply unacceptable in this day and age.  This makes life very difficult for anyone not using windows, or anyone who wants to use a modern browser, or who doesn't want Java clogging up their machine.

Are there any plans to improve BOI-BOL?

If so, when? Specifically when will you make this accessible on Macs and non-IE browsers?

It is getting to the point where I would move my business account to another bank if I thought I had to put up with BOI-BOI for anything other than the short-term.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Del Amitri, [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Many thanks for the post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The BOL Team are actively looking at ways to update and improve the website. We have not been advised of any immediate plans make the site accessible on alternative browsers to IE or other platforms. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We will pass your comments to the BOL Team as feedback and update Boards when we have further information. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Billy [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Del Amitri

Please do pass it on. As I say, it's unacceptable to me as a customer, and I'll need to start looking elsewhere. 

I've been using BOI-BOL since 1999 and have seen very little change in that time for the EUR15.00 I pay every month to use the service.  

I pay about the same for my on-line accounts package and there are updates to that every other month. Its almost unrecognisable from the service I signed up to less than 3 years ago - and rightly too. The internet is changing at that pace.

Really, BOI should be mortified that this is what you are offering in 2014.  

Please can you let me know the BOL Team's feedback when you pass this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭northwestramble

It is sad to see a leading irish bank, force it's business customers to use a product that is currently unsafe. Recent warnings from US and UK governments about IE. 
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/technology/us-uk-governments-advise-against-using-internet-explorer-1.1777449

It looks like the only solution to business customers is to change banks. BOI have no plans to upgrade as can be seen from forum replies here, and based on seeing comments here on boards, the site appears to be causing more and more problems for people. 

It would be great if I was wrong and BOI will roll out a modern secure website for its customers. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Del Amitri ,

Thanks for your post.

We will continue to provide updates via the Business Online status page at the following link:

http://businessbanking.bankofireland.com/payments-and-cards/online-banking/business-online/business-on-line-status/?utm_source=BOL&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=footer&utm_campaign=bol_status

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement