Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a good hair colourant that covers 100% greys.

• 29-04-2014 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

I've been using Excel 10 for a few years and it's been great. A month ago I used Clairol root touch up to cover a few greys and it didn't cover them at all. Last weekend my husband put in another Excel 10 brunette colour for me and I've just noticed the greys on my parting are showing already.

I've usually gotten about 6 weeks before the greys start to show so I'm not sure what's going wrong now. Has anyone got any tried and tested favourite ranges that they'd recommend? My own hair colour is medium brown.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Get yourself a terrisales pro card and buy the professional colours that hairdressers use! I got 1 a couple of months back and am definitely getting longer out of my colours and my hair feels and looks a lot better than when I used box dyes! And it works out alot cheaper aswell!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Good idea, just to note though, some salon supply places don't require a card. I know of 2 in Ennis, County Clare who welcome all shoppers, with or without the card. Don't forget to buy a decent applicator brush too, makes all the difference.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Good idea, just to note though, some salon supply places don't require a card. I know of 2 in Ennis, County Clare who welcome all shoppers, with or without the card. Don't forget to buy a decent applicator brush too, makes all the difference.

Meant to add Im not a professional but had no probs getting the pro card but even better if you dont need 1 either! Think it cost me €25 for the first lot because i bought the bottle of developer, tube of colour, bowl with mixing brush and reuseable gloves but now it only costs €7/8 for the tube of colour

Also to add get yourself a good sulphate free shampoo - I got mine also in terrisales and the difference is brilliant, read about them online first, they are more expensive than normal shampoo but for me definitely worth it. Colour doesnt fade as quickly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

Hi there,

How does one (who is definitely not a pro) go about getting a pro card?

Hi there,

How does one (who is definitely not a pro) go about getting a pro card?

I was in the shop buying somethin that didnt need a card (eg: shampoo/brush etc) and the lady in front of me had a card so i just asked if i cud sign up. On the form u can tick if your a beautician/hairdresser/makeup artist etc so just tick 1 of them if you want - it also a declaration stating if somethin goes wrong like you dye your hair the wrong colour or somethin that you cannot blame them. I go to the 1 in nutgrove and find the staff lovely and very helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

fifi28 wrote: »
    I was in the shop buying somethin that didnt need a card (eg: shampoo/brush etc) and the lady in front of me had a card so i just asked if i cud sign up. On the form u can tick if your a beautician/hairdresser/makeup artist etc so just tick 1 of them if you want - it also a declaration stating if somethin goes wrong like you dye your hair the wrong colour or somethin that you cannot blame them. I go to the 1 in nutgrove and find the staff lovely and very helpful

Thanks a mill!

Advertisement