Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus & Buggy

Options
  • 29-04-2014 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

We are flying with Aerlingus in June when our LOill be just 2 years, we have had to get her a full seat....no issue there but i called aerlingus yesterday to ask about bringing our car seat in the hold and was told it would be the same cost as a bag....no problem i expected this. However the big surprise came when they told me i could only bring the buggy if i also paid for another bag...........i cant believe it, we have travelled with them on 10 occasions since out LO was born and have never had to pay for the buggy.....apparently we have to pay for it now because she has her own seat...........am very disappointed with Aerlingus, has this always been the case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

On their website it says that biggies are only carried free with an infant seat. However, I've never been charged nor heard of anyone being charged for a buggy for a 2-4 year old. Most kids that age would have a stroller on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I flew with aer lingus in December. My daughter is 2 also and was booked in her own seat. I used the buggy in the airport and checked it at the gate at no charge. I've flown with it lots of times since she has needed her own seat and have never had to pay to check it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I'd imagine that maybe you're "supposed" to pay for it but that none of the Aerlingus staff in the airport actually enforce this. Just bring it to the gate, well I'd risk it anyway, never heard of being charged for it with a small child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

yeah it seems to be the rule that strollers are free of charge on short haul flights for infants (0-2) only -- but as the above poster said, maybe it's at the chekin staffs discretion to charge or not...

From their site:

Child/Infant Baggage Allowance

All cabin baggage must be included in the accompanying adult's baggage allowance.
    Check-in Baggage (Long Haul Flights)
    A fully collapsible push-chair/stroller is allowed free of charge in addition to 10 kgs/22 lbs of baggage.
    The push-chair/stroller is checked in with the baggage and can be handed down at the gate if required.

Check-in Baggage (Short Haul Flights)
    A fully collapsible push-chair/stroller is allowed free of charge for an infant booking only.
    The push-chair/stroller is checked in with the baggage and can be handed down at the gate if required.
    Cabin and check-in baggage allowance for children aged 2-12 is the same as for adults. More information on Baggage Information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Just updating to say that I'm sitting in the airport waiting for an AL flight and had no problem bringing my buggy. As my guy is 3 and can walk in the airport fine I even handed it over with my bag. There was no question of paying anything extra for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Hm, would travel system - i.e. chassis & car seat, be accepted at the gate? I know Ryanair allow them!

Advertisement