Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance Learning Short Courses

Options
  • 29-04-2014 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

I hope to be graduating this year with an ordinary degree in Applied Bioscience. I'm also 8 months pregnant, and will be taking a year out to raise my baby before I join the workforce. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any short online courses (free or paid) that I could take in that timeframe that would help bulk up my CV as I have next to no work experience since my last job in 2009.
    The course doesn't necessarily have to be science-related!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NKeegan

what about doing a childcare or psychology course? I did child development at the college of online distance education and it has been really good to have on the CV. Or were you looking more to something to relate to future work?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

NKeegan wrote: »
    what about doing a childcare or psychology course? I did child development at the college of online distance education and it has been really good to have on the CV. Or were you looking more to something to relate to future work?

More future work, I'd never work with children (that sounds awful considering I love them :p ) but I'm about to get a degree in Applied Bioscience, so something science/health/anatomy/computers to build on my current skills would be best!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

There's plenty of stuff out there. The Open University runs online courses, although they tend to be modules within a degree structure, which might not be what you're looking for.

Have you checked Qualifax? They've got a decent enough directory. Are you concerned about doing something that will be accredited, or just looking to show that you've kept your brain ticking over? Do you know what area you would/might want to work in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

DM addict wrote: »
    There's plenty of stuff out there. The Open University runs online courses, although they tend to be modules within a degree structure, which might not be what you're looking for.

Have you checked Qualifax? They've got a decent enough directory. Are you concerned about doing something that will be accredited, or just looking to show that you've kept your brain ticking over? Do you know what area you would/might want to work in?

I want accreditation, its for CV building. Since my degree is science, it needs to be at least partially health or science related.

Advertisement