Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little help

Options
  • 29-04-2014 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

I am posting this on behalf of a friend of mine doing the upcoming challenge Roth

Hey there,
    Right, I need some help in sourcing some nice wheels for my upcoming race in Roth in July. Ideally, given the distance of the bike course I am thinking something along the lines of a deep set front and Disk back wheel....
    Have looked into ShipMyTriBike and they currently have a 808 combo available.
    Does anyone know any companies that rents wheels? Or does anyone know anyone who would be willing to rent me theirs?
    I would be needing them for almost three weeks, due to SMTB collecting the bike a week before the race and dropping it off the week after. Dates - 12th to 25th of July.
    Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks guys! ... anything that will make me get off the bike a little quicker

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

What's wrong with the 808 combo from SMTB or are you just looking for alternatives before deciding?

You looking for tubs or clinchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

pgibbo wrote: »
    What's wrong with the 808 combo from SMTB?

Possibly the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Shipmytribike rent wheels themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

http://www.laufradverleih24.de/index.php/shop/2-laufraeder/22-zipp-808-mietlaufradsatz

btw you have to bring your own tyres and inner tubes (clincher) and i think cassette hire is 10 euro extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

Hi,

Sorry for taking a while to get back. I am pretty sure he is just looking into other options available. As for type I presume clinchers but he could go tubular either

• Advertisement
Advertisement