Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BOI Credit Card - balance transfer options

Options
  • 29-04-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I just picked up an application form for a Platinum Advantage CC with BOI - I notice that there is one space to fill in to apply to have a balance transferred from a non-BOI credit card; I happen to have two. In fact, the purpose of getting a new card is to consolidate those two into one and sort out getting the balance down! Is it possible to transfer two credit card balances to the new account or is it restricted to just the one?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

A second question has just occurred to me, not to do with the balance transfer mechanism but it pertains to my trying to decide it the BOI card is for me...

I'm trying to compare the total cost (or various cards), over a sample first year (with the introductory rates etc), not expecting accuracy but to get an indicative figure for each. On the BOI card there is a fee of €76 euros to take account of: when making estimates of cost for the year, at the introductory rate, do I take a sum and add 3.9% APR to get the (well rounded) figure, i.e the €76 is been accounted for by the stated APR (as it should be!!) or do I need to add the 3.9% rate to the sum and then add a further €76 on top?

thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi art,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

We have confirmed this with our Credit Card team and yes it is possible to transfer two balances from external non-Bank of Ireland credit cards that are both in your name. 

However there is only one space available on the paper and online application for a balance transfer. If you are filling out a paper application, you can also include a letter to request the transfer of the second card balance including the account details. 

When applying online for the balance transfer, it is only possible to transfer one balance at a time. Once the new account is opened, you can then transfer the balance of the second card. The second balance will only run on the account from the date it is actioned and not when the account is first opened.  

With regards to the APR, the APR of 17.3% on purchases will stand on the account and this will include the €76.18 fee. If you have not held a Bank of Ireland Credit Card within the last 12 months, you can avail of the introductory offer of 3.9% on your balance transfers for a period of up to 12 months from the opening of the account.

As we wouldn't have the level of expertise to explain this further, we will be happy to arrange for a representative from our Credit Card services team to call you back if you would like this to be explained in detail. 
    Please send one of the Bank of Ireland reps a PM with your contact details and name if you wish for a call back regarding this. 

If you need help with anything else, please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Thanks for that Sarah,

I think that's pretty comprehensive and covers all my concerns,

regards,
    a

Advertisement