Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maybe another?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ah yeah, just to be clear, I'm not criticising or anything - fair play to ya for getting this off the ground - but if the budgets can't be adjusted then I'm guessing a good few people may want to change teams

Let's see how it pans out but if it's true about the budgets I'll be changing teams without a doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

PBJ,

21. And 22. Are now taken too

Manager | Chosen Team
    |
    1. KERPSLAT!! | Real Madrid
    2. GT_TDI_150 | RSC Anderlecht
    3. Irishgoldberg | Swansea
    4. Maldjd23 | Liverpool
    5. Wilberto | Southend
    6. Tinie | Barcelona
    7. Hercule Poirot | Brighton and Hove Albion
    8. Tommycahir | Manchester City
    9. Seaneh | Bayern Munich
    10. Gerp99 | Atletico Madrid
    11. Colemania | Limerick FC
    12. beakerjoe | Chelsea
    13. Tonic wine | Arsenal
    14. Al Capwned | AZ Alkmaar
    15. TheGunns | FC Schalke 04
    16. Danwhite88 |Southampton
    17. eireannBear | O'Higgins FC
    18. eh i dunno | Everton
    19. rebel knight | Dortmund
    20. ctrl-alt-delete | Blackburn
    21. Jukebox2310 | Malmo FC
    22. Seamo87 | Juventus

Colemania wrote: »
    Let's see how it pans out but if it's true about the budgets I'll be changing teams without a doubt

Talk to Wilberto, he took Cork city in the copa del boards league ... See what his experiences are.

I know Anderlecht arent a small as Limerick FC but still well below the Reals of this world ....and icll be sticking with them no matter what the budgets will be

• Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Ah yeah, the point was to try give the smaller teams more money than the bigger ones.

I think that is the case most of the time. If Real can bid say 1.1, a lower rated team seem to be able to bid a little more

You can set the economy level to very rich which improves the money coming in from tv and gate etc, for every club.

Also you can set the clubs starting balance anything up to £300Million,

However you cannot set it individually for each club, so the starting balance will be the same for every club.

I think no matter what way you do it the bigger clubs are always going to have an advantage,

The rich will get richer and the poor will get rich but I'd imagine the gap will remain much the same?

At least with a big starting balance the smaller clubs should be able to compete for the higher rated external players at the start of the game.

I reckon a hefty starting budgrt and a squad limit if 50 ensuring small teams have space to develop youths,etc and bob will be the fella married to you aunt

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Here's an option;

Set the squad size Max of like 25 until the first game of the season. Hard to enforce but its an option. Then give the Max starting budget to everyone. This means that either the big teams will need to sell players, or not be too active in the transfer market in order not to go over the squad size limit. This will give the smaller teams much less competiton when bidding on externals at the start of the world being setup and the players that the big teams want to sell.

Leaves no room for any one wanting to develop a squad rather than buy superstars tho...

Plus you'd need to allow a season for teams to bring squads down ...

I reckon 45-50 of a limit might give us best of both worlds ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Happy to stay where I am, regardless.
    Economy should be set to rich though I reckon, if it's a GW-wide blanket setting. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ok so set the economy to rich. What about starting budget, if I can set it? We'll get this outta the way and then move onto squad size

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Ok so set the economy to rich. What about starting budget, if I can set it? We'll get this outta the way and then move onto squad size

I'll have 200m, the rest can have 10.
    Great thanks. :)

• Advertisement

Just another thing to throw out there... Pretty sure I'll sell Ronnie on straight away for the right price :)

Just another thing to throw out there... Pretty sure I'll sell Ronnie on straight away for the right price :)

200-250 sound delicious

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    200-250 sound delicious

Ah I think I'll go Part ex :p

Ah I think I'll go Part ex :p

Ooops wrong quote ....

I meant as a starting balance

Ooops wrong quote ....

I meant as a starting balance

Don't forget, all clubs will have the same...

Don't forget, all clubs will have the same...

Yeah ... 200-250m each

Yeah ... 200-250m each

See what everyone thinks. Seems crazy to me to be giving Barca, Real, etc 200-250m

See what everyone thinks. Seems crazy to me to be giving Barca, Real, etc 200-250m

hard to know what to do ay? on one hand you'd want the smaller teams to have more money and an advantage in getting externals. on the other hand, if you do give them a lot of money, the big teams will also have big money.

also the really small teams like Limerick and Southend have no bargaining chips for part exchanges to buy from managed clubs so that's another disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Have to have a squad cap of about 40 players in this world or lads will be hoarding up to 200 players again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Seamo87

As has been said alot of money for all doesn't really level the playing field for the weaker goods, because:

A. Bigger clubs already have top players
    B. Bigger clubs have same chance of buying top players from externals

solve it by keeping budget really high, ie300million. But for the 1st season at least, limit the squad size to ...~30 or even 25, IF YOU WANT TO BUY PLAYERS, and ~50 from 2nd season on. Therefore if the top clubs want to compete with smaller clubs for externals, they'll first have to sell/release players to get below 30/25.

This clearly wouldn't be an issue/problem for the smaller teams, won't gaurentee them top external players, but it would make it alot easier.

• Advertisement

Seamo87 wrote: »
    As has been said alot of money for all doesn't really level the playing field for the weaker goods, because:

A. Bigger clubs already have top players
    B. Bigger clubs have same chance of buying top players from externals

solve it by keeping budget really high, ie300million. But for the 1st season at least, limit the squad size to ...~30 or even 25, IF YOU WANT TO BUY PLAYERS, and ~50 from 2nd season on. Therefore if the top clubs want to compete with smaller clubs for externals, they'll first have to sell/release players to get below 30/25.

This clearly wouldn't be an issue/problem for the smaller teams, won't gaurentee them top external players, but it would make it alot easier.

There are squads that START a game workd with 60+ player would be harsh to trim to 25.

Yes everyone would have the same money but by putting the squad size at 50 and you arent allowed to by from managed or externals unless you are below it, would mean smaller teams can start buying instantly and bigger squads have some trimming to do

There are squads that START a game workd with 60+ player would be harsh to trim to 25.

Yes everyone would have the same money but by putting the squad size at 50 and you arent allowed to by from managed or externals unless you are below it, would mean smaller teams can start buying instantly and bigger squads have some trimming to do

They don't HAVE TO trim it. Only if they want to buy do they have to.

Yeah sure, it makes things tough for managers of the bigger clubs who have ~30 quality players, but that's a challenge for them to conquer early in the game. Just as it is a challenge for the smaller clubs to close the gap on those bigger clubs.

Make it easier for the smaller clubs by doing this. If they don't get the 90+ guys from externals, then they'll pick up some of the young stars from externals, or the quality players bigger clubs cut/sold cheap to get squad to 30.

And if clubs start with 60, they'd give up at least 20 of them in a heart beat to have the chance to get Strootman, Shaw, Draxler:D and whomever else will be an external player!!!

Now your starting to punish people for picking big teams. It'd mean I wouldn't be able to buy a player till about half way through the season. I'd have to wait for managers or externals to buy players off me and if that didn't happen I'm screwed.

Don't forget that while I'm trying to help the small teams, it was each managers choice on which team they chose. You pick Limerick or the likes and you have to expect to be at an instant disadvantage.

I'm trying to even out the playing field but I'm not gonna kill the game for the managers of bigger clubs just to suit smaller clubs

They don't HAVE TO trim it. Only if they want to buy do they have to.

Yeah sure, it makes things tough for managers of the bigger clubs who have ~30 quality players, but that's a challenge for them to conquer early in the game. Just as it is a challenge for the smaller clubs to close the gap on those bigger clubs.

Make it easier for the smaller clubs by doing this. If they don't get the 90+ guys from externals, then they'll pick up some of the young stars from externals, or the quality players bigger clubs cut/sold cheap to get squad to 30.

And if clubs start with 60, they'd give up at least 20 of them in a heart beat to have the chance to get Strootman, Shaw, Draxler:D and whomever else will be an external player!!!

I just think that limitung it to 25/30 doesnt give teams a chance to pick up some youngsters(sometbing i prefer over buying big names in big deals) a slightly higher cap will allow some scope for this.

To be honest I picked Limerick as I read here that the plan was to give the smaller clubs more money. Now that it can't be done, there's a lot of talk about how to give us the advantage.

It's up to you anyway. Whatever you want, I'll go along with it! Shane Tracey swap for Gareth Bale? :P Both left footed midfielders.....one slightly talented than the other....

Now your starting to punish people for picking big teams. It'd mean I wouldn't be able to buy a player till about half way through the season. I'd have to wait for managers or externals to buy players off me and if that didn't happen I'm screwed.

Don't forget that while I'm trying to help the small teams, it was each managers choice on which team they chose. You pick Limerick or the likes and you have to expect to be at an instant disadvantage.

I'm trying to even out the playing field but I'm not gonna kill the game for the managers of bigger clubs just to suit smaller clubs

I picked Juventus:o hardly a small club, so I'm not making a case for myself here! lol

Look if the majority want to go with a high squad limit than go for it. But yer fooling yerselfs if ye think it's going to allow for a level playing field to occur.

Same budget for all and a high squad limit is a challenge for the small club, not the big one's.

Set a smaller squad limit, and it'll allow a more even distribution of talent, therefore making Player Exchanges easier in future seasons, and allowing smaller clubs have a few stars keeps them competitive and interested hence less likely to quite.

But it clearly needs more debate, and a majority conclusion....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

There is no point in crippling myself if smaller teams are at big disadvantage so can I change to Spurs. I'll only lose interest if I can't compete with the bigger clubs

I picked Juventus:o hardly a small club, so I'm not making a case for myself here! lol

Look if the majority want to go with a high squad limit than go for it. But yer fooling yerselfs if ye think it's going to allow for a level playing field to occur.

Same budget for all and a high squad limit is a challenge for the small club, not the big one's.

Set a smaller squad limit, and it'll allow a more even distribution of talent, therefore making Player Exchanges easier in future seasons, and allowing smaller clubs have a few stars keeps them competitive and interested hence less likely to quite.

But it clearly needs more debate, and a majority conclusion....:)

45-50 isnt a high squad limit mate ...

25 allows you to play league and cup but no room for development at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

45-50 isnt a high squad limit mate ...

25 allows you to play league and cup but no room for development at all

The flip side is if you want to develop then you can't hog all the stars..or Belgians...Or Belgian stars...:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    The flip side is if you want to develop then you can't hog all the stars..or Belgians...Or Belgian stars...:D:D:D

Haha ...

Btw, get my pm?

Advertisement