Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maybe another?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    If we can agree on the set up, teams, rules etc in the next 30 mins or so I could get this set up tonight, meaning the start of the season would be near enough the end of the boards league season

Another question... will we keep games played on Thursday and Sunday? It's my prefered time as it's when my other games are played but if people want change we can sort something out.

Thursday and Sunday is fine with me.

Regarding the unmanaged teams, i'd say throw in some average teams like crystal palace, Groningen, Bastia, celta Vigo and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

How will loaned players affect the squad cap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I think 45/50 players after one season. Until then it's a free for all.
    Set economy to rich.
    Either leave the budget to default or set to say 30m.
    Play games Thursday and Sunday
    No buying from unmanaged
    No sacking
    Login every 14 days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I propose Squad cap of 35 players plus 10 youth players. Second the motion of the timing of games.

I reckon 45 players as a cap of any age ... some teams have a predominantly young squad ...

no buying from unmanaged?

14days sign in rule?

turf barca and everton out of D1 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I propose Squad cap of 35 players plus 10 youth players. Second the motion of the timing of games.

sounds good to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

If we can agree on the set up, teams, rules etc in the next 30 mins or so I could get this set up tonight, meaning the start of the season would be near enough the end of the boards league season

Another question... will we keep games played on Thursday and Sunday? It's my prefered time as it's when my other games are played but if people want change we can sort something out.

I thought all gameworld games happen Thursday and Sunday?

Did you decide on a starting budget?

I am not bothered about a squad cap whichever way that goes.

How will loaned players affect the squad cap?

Loaned out counts towards it. Loaned in doesn't would be my opinion. It'll be the smaller teams loaning players in, so it gives them a little boost

Are you playing PBJ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Seamo87

Thursday and Sunday is perfect.

lol Watchin champions league made made you wanna do this tonight?!!! lol

I highly doubt I will Kersplat.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    sounds good to me

define youths, anderlecht squad is mostly 20 or younger ... so you want me to ship out my first team youths in favour of older players?

surely a set cap and the team manager decides how to fill those slots?

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Thursday and Sunday is fine with me.

Regarding the unmanaged teams, i'd say throw in some average teams like crystal palace, Groningen, Bastia, celta Vigo and so on

A few top teams and a few middle I think. Gives an incoming manager a choice then

Loaned out counts towards it. Loaned in doesn't would be my opinion. It'll be the smaller teams loaning players in, so it gives them a little boost

Are you playing PBJ?
    I highly doubt I will Kersplat.

Ah gowan,gowan,gowan,gowan,

gowan, gowan, .......... GOWAN!

Seamo87 wrote: »
    Thursday and Sunday is perfect.

lol Watchin champions league made made you wanna do this tonight?!!! lol

YEP!!

A few top teams and a few middle I think. Gives an incoming manager a choice then
    stick the top teams in the lower D's pleeeeeaaaaassssseeee

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    define youths, anderlecht squad is mostly 20 or younger ... so you want me to ship out my first team youths in favour of older players?

No specification for youths. A limit on the full squad size.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

Yeah true. I'm happy with that but I think it should be capped at no more than 40/45 to give anyone who has a weaker team the chance to build their squad and not have some of the bigger teams hoarding players

Yeah true. I'm happy with that but I think it should be capped at no more than 40/45 to give anyone who has a weaker team the chance to build their squad and not have some of the bigger teams hoarding players

so happy you said it twice :)

do you use an android phone by any chance? I've noticed if you go 'back' after posting a comment is reports the same comment.

do you use an android phone by any chance? I've noticed if you go 'back' after posting a comment is reports the same comment.

ha. Yeah android phone. Thanks for the tip. No more back button for me so....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I agree with everything - that is all

• Advertisement

ha. Yeah android phone. Thanks for the tip. No more back button for me so....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I think the jukebox is broken!

Try giving it a kick.....

I still think 50 is low enough on the squad cap

have ya ordered it yet?
    well?
    have ya?
    ordered it?

:D

Fire up the final details and the tables with the teams and I'll do it now :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Given that all but two of the top teams have been swapped out of D1, would it not make sense to just swap Barcelona and Everton with Southend and Limerick? That way D1 will be that little bit more competitive. After all, nobody ever said that the starting league positions HAD to be drawn randomly.

Personally, I'm not too bothered either way but I think D1 could be that little bit too uncompetitive. You don't want to hand the title to Barcelona before a ball is even kicked!

However, if this is too late and you've already set it up then fair enough, as I said, I'm not bothered too much (if at all!).

Wilberto wrote: »
    Given that all but two of the top teams have been swapped out of D1, would it not make sense to just swap Barcelona and Everton with Southend and Limerick? That way D1 will be that little bit more competitive. After all, nobody ever said that the starting league positions HAD to be drawn randomly.

Personally, I'm not too bothered either way but I think D1 could be that little bit too uncompetitive. You don't want to hand the title to Barcelona before a ball is even kicked!

However, if this is too late and you've already set it up then fair enough, as I said, I'm not bothered too much (if at all!).

Like in Div 2 in the boards league when everyone thought Barca would walk it!?

I'll swap them out, just to make it a bit fairer :)

let PBJ confirm the tables .. was there not a potential swap between everton and limerick?

Also, if that leaves just Barca as BIG(really Big) team in D1 would it be fair to kinda drop em down a Div?

• Advertisement

let PBJ confirm the tables .. was there not a potential swap between everton and limerick?

Also, if that leaves just Barca as BIG(really Big) team in D1 would it be fair to kinda drop em down a Div?

Yep

Advertisement